Welcome to the working week. Here are five technology news updates, insights, chatter, and plenty more to wind up your day on April 3, 2023.
What’s In Our Daily Mix?
- Who We Serve: Content for managed services providers (MSPs), IT service providers (ITSPs), cybersecurity consultants, technology solutions providers (TSPs), systems integrators, VARs, independent software vendors (ISVs), distributors and any other partner acronym that further caffeinates our already stellar SEO.
- Frequency: Every business day.
- Reaching me: Send news, tips and rumors to [email protected].
Today’s Technology and MSP Partner Program News
- Did you see this news? Kaseya and ConnectWise both released important impactful reports late last week that you may have missed, but you should definitely should check out. Read our coverage of Kaseya’s 2023 MSP Benchmark Report survey results and ConnectWise’s 2023 MSP Threat Report, linked here.
- MSSP Alert research featured on Cyber for Hire: The ChannelE2E affiliate podcast, Cyber for Hire, features me as the guest on tomorrow’s show (Tuesday, April 4) talking about last year’s MSSP Alert 250 list and research. The episode drops at 5 am ET. Be sure to check out the show notes for important links about how to participate in this year’s research.
- Trouble for the U.S. National Cybersecurity Strategy? Remember the big National Cybersecurity Strategy rolled out by the Biden administration in March, putting much of the responsibility for cybersecurity on software makers instead of users? Bloomberg is reporting today that implementation of the strategy may be at risk following the resignation of the first U.S. cyber director Chris Inglis, who was supposed to work together with CISA director Jen Easterly and deputy national security advisor for cyber and emerging tech, Anne Neuberger. Iglis left following clashes with Neuberger, Bloomberg reports. The discord threatens the administration's efforts to curb hacking and roll out its new cyber strategy.
- New service outsourcing service launch: Rimini Street today rolled out Rimini ONE, its outsourcing service program designed to offer a comprehensive set of unified, integrated services to run, manage, support, customize, configure, connect, protect, monitor, and optimize enterprise applications, databases and technology software. The company is a provider of end-to-end enterprise software support, products and services,and is known for its third-party support of Oracle and SAP software.
- Combo cybersecurity/cyberinsurance offering for MSPs: Guardz, which provides cybersecurity and cyberinsurance to small and mid-sized enterprises, today launched a dedicated cybersecurity platform for MSPs and IT pros. The all-in-one cybersecurity solution provides automated remediation plans, to improve their MSP reporting for existing clients and help convert new ones. Guardz says it also cuts operational and licensing costs up to 75%.