15. Partnership: Ericsson is extending its partnership with Equinix to offer IT managed services leveraging the Equinix Performance Hub solution. The offering provides an affordable, low-risk approach to significantly improving network and application performance while reducing bandwidth costs by up to 40 percent, Ericsson claims.
Mobile World Congress 2018: 5G Wireless Networks, Cybersecurity Dominate MWC18
Cybersecurity and 5G wireless network news are dominating Mobile World Congress 2018, a massive event this week in Barcelona, Spain. Stay tuned to this live blog featuring ongoing updates throughout the week from the #MWC18 conference.
The chatter so far includes:
20. VMware Blitz: VMware made multiple service provider announcements at the conference, focusing extensively on SD-WANs, digital workspaces, and public/hybrid cloud efforts. VMware also partnered with Affirmed Networks to win a major connected car and IoT application deal with Globetouch, the companies say. Plus, new VMware edge computing solutions for IoT services surfaced at the conference.
19. Telco Security Services: An UAE-based telecommunications service provider called du has selected Fortinet Security Fabric solutions as the foundation of its Cloud Unified Threat Management (UTM) managed security services.
18. Mobile Security: Avast and Vodafone Czech Republic are partnering to promote two new mobile security apps to safeguard more than three million subscribers.
17. M&A – WiFi: Nokia has acquired Unium to bolster the company’s home WiFi portfolio of products and services. Unium intelligent mesh technology delivers carrier-grade WiFi performance, coverage and resilience for gigabit home performance, Nokia claims. Unium’s technology is on display at Nokia’s Mobil World Congress 2018 booth. The deal is expected to be finalized sometime this quarter.
16. Smart Cities: Telenor Group and Cisco have signed a Joint Purpose Agreement (JPA) to collaborate on enhancing end customer experiences with data analysis, IoT, Smart City, and security solutions, the companies say.
14. Automotive Security: Argus Cyber Security and Ericsson are working to provide seamless cybersecurity for the connected automotive ecosystem – across vehicle cloud services, fleets and vehicles, the two companies say.
12. McAfee & Alexa: McAfee is preparing to blend home security, routers and Amazon Alexa voice-activated control services…
11. McAfee-Samsung Partnership: McAfee extended its long-standing partnership with Samsung to safeguard consumers from cybersecurity threats on the new Galaxy S9 smartphones, Galaxy Note8, Smart TVs, PCs and notebooks, the companies said.
Continue to the next page for items 10 to 1 in this report.