Alert Logic, the security as a service provider, appears to be gaining more momentum in the IT channel -- particularly with partners that wrap security services around Amazon Web Services workloads, according to VP of Global Channels Michael Stoeger.
Over the past year, Alert Logic has focused on three core areas, according to Stoeger:
- Research and development, especially when it comes to security and supporting AWS;
- enhanced marketing and communications; and
- international expansion.
The efforts appear to be paying dividends. The company's revenues grew 40 percent in 2015 vs. 2014, reaching $81 million in GAAP revenues. Moreover, the company's customer base now involves about 3,600 businesses and organization.
Four partner types have played key roles in that growth:
- Hosting partners;
- cloud-first and so-called born-in-the-cloud partners;
- IT solutions providers, including VARs, working on blended and hybrid solutions; and
- distribution an registered partners including smaller MSPs and VARs.
Alert Logic's Cloud Security Technology
Alert Logic, which is private equity owned, focuses on vulnerability assessments, intrusion detection, logging, web application firewall functions and more. The company's flagship platform, called CloudDefender, is based on Alert Logic's own intellectual property. In stark contrast, many security as a service platform providers use a range of third-party offerings that are stitched together, Stoeger asserts.
Looking ahead, Alert Logic will focus on more purpose-built AWS solutions and enhanced incident escalations.