It's Thursday evening. Here are five technology news updates, insights, chatter, and plenty more to wind up your day on April 6, 2023.
What’s In Our Daily Mix?
- Who We Serve: Content for managed services providers (MSPs), IT service providers (ITSPs), cybersecurity consultants, technology solutions providers (TSPs), systems integrators, VARs, independent software vendors (ISVs), distributors and any other partner acronym that further energizes our already stellar SEO.
- Frequency: Every business day.
- Reaching me: Send news, tips and rumors to [email protected].
Today’s Technology and MSP Partner Program News
- IT spending still growing: Tech vendors may be talking recession and layoffs, but enterprise customers still plan to spend. Gartner’s most recent IT spending forecast is projecting an increase of 5.5% in IT spending in 2023 over 2022. Prioritizing projects will be critical for IT organizations, Gartner’s chief forecaster said.
- New CRO for Sophos: Cybersecurity services company Sophos has appointed Bill Robbins president, Worldwide Field Operations. Robbins will oversee all aspects of global sales with a continued priority on the channel ecosystem, including helping partners grow their business with Sophos’ MDR and IR services and security product solutions. Robbins previously served as chief revenue officer and executive vice president at Mandiant, Inc., and FireEye.
- WatchGuard gets a new CRO, too: WatchGuard Technologies hired HoJin Kim as its senior vice president and chief revenue officer. Kim will lead the company’s worldwide sales organization and drive the adoption of WatchGuard’s Unified Security Platform framework within the MSP community.
- A N-ice place to work: N-able has been recognized for the second year in a row for Best Global Workplace Culture by Comparably. N-able has also been recognized by Comparably recently, winning awards for Happiest Employees, Best Company Compensation, and Best Company Work-Life Balance. N-able leader, John Pagliuca, was also recognized in the Best CEO category in December 2022.
- Arrcus gets new board member: Hyperscale networking software company Arrcus announced Johan Wibergh will join its executive advisory board. Wibergh served as CTO of Vodafone Group PLC from 2015 to 2022, as well as EVP of BU Networks with Ericsson, and is a board member in companies including Trimble, Marconi and Cohere Technologies.