Top 10 Salesforce Partners for Cloud Implementation Services
First, some background. Forrester has made some changes to this particular Wave report since ChannelE2E gave an earlier edition a look in 2017. For instance, the 2019 report is now:
- based on a 21-criterion evaluation of Salesforce implementation partners, down from 35 criteria in 2017.
- expanded to include 12 of the most significant partners — up from 11 Salesforce partners in 2017.
- focused on partners that generate at least $100 million in annual Salesforce services revenue, up from $50 million in 2017.
Admittedly, those sky-high revenue figures disqualify hundreds — perhaps thousands — of boutique partners that are Salesforce deployment masters.
Next, Forrester grouped those consulting and deployment teams into four categories:
- Leaders: Accenture, Deloitte, and IBM lead the pack.
- Strong Performers: Salesforce itself, Cognizant, Capgemini and PwC surface in this area.
- Contenders: Infosys, Wipro, NTT Data, Isobar, and Tata Consultancy Services surface in this area.
- Challengers: None
For those keeping score, that’s 11 Salesforce partners (one more than the figure promised in the headline) plus Salesforce itself. Now, a closer look at each firm…
A Closer Look: Salesforce Consulting Leaders
- Accenture now has 16,000 practitioners working on Salesforce projects (up from 8,000 in 2017), including more than 5,000 who carry Salesforce certifications, Forrester says. The growth includes such Salesforce partner acquisitions as Phase One, ChannelE2E notes.
- Deloitte now has more than 6,500 Salesforce practitioners worldwide (up from 4,400 in 2017), Forrester says. The growth includes the CloudinIT acquisition of 2018.
- IBM bolstered its Salesforce practice with the 2016 acquisition of Bluewolf and has, so far, kept the Bluewolf brand front and center in Salesforce services, Forrester notes.
Salesforce Consulting: Strong Performers
Aside from Salesforce itself, here’s a look at the strong performers:
- Capgemini has broad Salesforce capabilities but has doubled down on commerce, Forrester says. Key moves include acquiring Lyons Consulting Group, ChannelE2E notes.
- Cognizant, leveraging organic and M&A growth, has now boasts one of the largest Salesforce practices globally, Forrester says. Among the Cognizant buyouts ChannelE2E has covered: SaaSFocus.
- PwC surfaces in this area with consulting that spans top-level business strategy, people and process change, and operational execution, the report says.
Salesforce Consulting: Strong Performers
Salesforce partners at this level include:
- Infosys excels at technology and operational work related to Salesforce, such as projects with complex technical or integration elements and longer-term operations of Salesforce work. But the firm is still tooling up its capabilities around industry clouds and trails our Leaders in strategy offerings, Forrester says. Infosys in September 2018 acquired Fluido, a Salesforce cloud consulting, implementation and training partner with reach across Europe. Earlier in the year, Fluido had acquired Softhouse Nordic AB’s Salesforce consulting business.
- Isobar is the only pure agency featured in the Forrester Wave and thus is the most specialized around B2C, Commerce Cloud, and Marketing Cloud, the researcher says. This provider is much less established than other large global services providers in areas such as Sales Cloud, Service Cloud, and Platform, Forrester adds.
- NTT Data is smaller than most of the providers in this Forrester Wave evaluation but has capabilities across all the major clouds, the researcher said.
- Tata Consultancy Services is strong in complex sales and service projects but weaker in marketing, Forrester says.
- Wipro goes to market with the Appirio brand, which it gained through acquisition in 2016, and a focus on worker and customer experience.
Additional Salesforce Partners
Thousands of additional Salesforce partners manage cloud strategy and migrations for end-customers. Among the players to watch are these Salesforce partners engaged in mergers and acquisitions.