Deloitte Acquires Salesforce, Amazon AWS Consulting Firm CloudinIT
Deloitte has acquired Salesforce and Amazon Web Services (AWS) consulting partner CloudinIT of New Zealand.
CloudinIT’s professional services support Force.com, Sales Cloud and Service Cloud, test automation, and marketing automation with Salesforce Marketing Cloud.
CloudinIT became a Salesforce Gold consulting partner in September 2018. At the time the company’s employees held more than 109 certifications, and each CloudinIT consultant held an average 5.45 certifications.
The company, founded in 2015, had completed 20-plus Salesforce projects by the end of 2016. The firm also developed TXTinIT, an SMS messaging app for Salesforce.
CloudinIT founders Raymond Yong, Jacob Taljaard, and Ben Edwards will become Deloitte partners, and the overall staff joins Deloitte Digital in Auckland.
“This is the latest in a series of moves in the digital space over recent years that, taken together, make Deloitte one of the largest digital advisory firms in New Zealand,” said Thomas Pippos, CEO of Deloitte New Zealand.
Deloitte’s Deal Making
Deloitte has acquired multiple IT services and consulting firms in recent months. Example deals include:
- In March, the company bought New Zealand-based API Talent to bolster its AWS services.
- Earlier this year, the company acquired assets of ATADATA in an effort to expand its multi-cloud management capabilities.
- Previous to that, Deloitte acquired a number of companies including Strut Digital and Day1 Solutions’ analytics and cognitive cloud assets.
- Other key deals have included Asparona and Tango (2013); Diablo (2014), and integration specialist Sixtree (2016).
Still, Deloitte faces competition in the M&A sector, where global systems integrators and accounting firms have been acquiring businesses across the Salesforce, AWS, Microsoft Azure, Oracle, ServiceNow, and Workday partner ecosystems.
Salesforce Partner Acquisitions
Salesforce partners, in particular, have attracted lots of M&A activity. Recent deals include:
- DXC Technology has acquired System Partners, an Australia-based Salesforce cloud consulting and integration partner.
- Infosys acquired Fluido, a Salesforce cloud consulting, implementation and training partner with reach across Europe.
- Cognizant Technology Solutions acquired SaaSfocus, a major Salesforce cloud consulting partner in the Asia-Pacific (APAC) region with operations in Australia and India.
- ScanSource acquired Canpango, an implementation and cloud consulting partner.
- FMT Consultants, a Microsoft and NetSuite partner, acquired Red Sky Solutions of Orange County, California in May 2018.
- Simplus in May 2018 acquired CirrusOne, a Salesforce and Oracle partner that offers consulting services for CPQ (configure, price, quote) and quote-to-cash solutions.
- Spaulding Ridge acquired Baun Consulting, a cloud CRM partner.
- Capgemini acquired Lyons Consulting Group, a Commerce Cloud partner.
- BV Investment Partners acquired control of Apps Associates, an IT services company.
- Simplus raised $9.3 million in Series B funding & acquired Salesforce partner CRM Manager.
- Silverline, a Salesforce platinum cloud consulting partner, attracted Pamlico Capital private equity investment for financial services, healthcare push.