Montra Solutions has acquired Midtown Technology Partners (MTP), essentially uniting two managed IT services provider (MSPs) in the Atlanta, Georgia, areas. It's the latest in a growing list of MSP mergers and acquisitions in the region.
Founded six years ago, MTP serves clients across the real estate, legal, consulting, and manufacturing industries. Montra says the acquisition is part of an overall strategy designed to bring enterprise-grade security, cloud, and infrastructure services to SMBs. The deal accelerates the company’s “aggressive growth plans,” according to a prepared statement.
Scott Ryan, co-founder and CEO of Montra Solutions, said:
“We are thrilled to welcome the Midtown Technology Partners team into the Montra family. MTP has built a loyal set of clients and we look forward to continuing their great service while adding new and innovative solutions to provide value to their clients.”
Adam Rimes, president of Administrivia and MTP’s largest shareholder, added:
“We had more than one opportunity to combine forces with another managed services provider. The leaders of Montra Solutions have a unique vision and a proven ability to execute. We are excited about the future of Montra and what it will mean for our clients.”
Montra itself provides software-enabled managed services while delivering cloud, security, and infrastructure solutions.
Georgia On M&A’s Mind
M&A activity has been red hot in the Atlanta and broader Georgia regions. Just this month, ChannelE2E has tracked four deals in the Peach State. A selection of the deals we’ve tracked for 2019 so far include:
- Apr 2019: Corsica Technologies acquired Georgia-founded managed IT service provider EDTS and its sister company EDTS Cyber.
- Apr 2019: Coretelligent, backed by private equity firm VSS, acquired Duluth, Georgia-based MSP United Technology Group (UTG) for an undisclosed sum.
- Apr 2019: Novatech has acquired DynaSis, an Atlanta-based MSP.
- Apr 2019: The investment arm of Bain Capital acquired a majority stake in Rural Sourcing, an IT services and software development firm headquartered in Atlanta.
- Mar 2019: Two consulting firms, Tier4 Advisors and Robinson Key, have joined forces to create Tier4 Group — an IT Talent, Professional Services, and Security firm based out of Atlanta, Georgia.
- March 2019: NXTsoft acquired Digitel Corporation, an MSP from Atlanta.
- Feb 2019: Momentum Telecom of Atlanta, Georgia acquired New York’s Metro Optical Solutions. Financial terms were not disclosed.
- Feb 2019: New York City-based managed IT solutions provider BCM One recapitalized its business and acquired Siptrunk/Sip.us from Alpharetta, Georgia
- Jan 2019: Medicus IT of Atlanta, Georgia, acquired Information Strategy Design of Phoenix, Arizona
- Jan 2019: Trustpoint.One, an eDiscovery and legal solutions provider from Atlanta, bought Kelly Legal Managed Services (KLMS) for an unknown amount.
- Jan 2019: Novatech acquired Consolidated Copier Services (CCS) of Conyers, Georgia.
- Jan 2019: ThreeBridge Solutions acquired 3sage Consulting of Atlanta for an undisclosed sum.