Infosys has acquired Fluido, a Salesforce cloud consulting, implementation and training partner with reach across Europe. Financial terms were not publicly announced, but a regulatory filing revealed the deal has a $76 million price tag.
Infosys is a global technology services and IT consulting giant. Revenues were $2.8 billion for the quarter ended June 30, 2018, up 6.8 percent from the corresponding quarterly last year.
By contrast, Fluido is a Salesforce Platinum Consulting Partner in Europe, and an Authorized Salesforce Training Delivery partner in the Nordics. The company has offices in Finland, Denmark, Sweden,Norway and Slovakia. Fluido typically supports customers across the manufacturing, energy, retail and telecommunications sectors.
As of March 2018, Fluido had a team of roughly 200 Salesforce experts. But that figure likely rose when the company acquired Softhouse Nordic AB's Salesforce consulting business.
In a prepared statement, Infosys President Ravi Kumar said:
"This acquisition demonstrates Infosys' commitment to the Salesforce ecosystem to address our client's digital priorities. Fluido will be an important addition to the Infosys family, bringing a unique combination of market presence, deep salesforce expertise, agile delivery and training that combined with our existing capabilities will help companies reimagine and transform their businesses. This acquisition also aligns to our efforts to invest in local capabilities in the regions in which we operate."
Added Fluido Founder and CEO Kai Mäkelä:
"Over the past eight years Fluido customers have seen tremendous success as the scope of our Salesforce deliveries have grown. With Infosys we will now be able to provide truly global scalable services while maintaining the close relationship with our customers. With digital experience playing a key role in customer success, we are excited to have the opportunity to work with Infosys to help Fluido customers change the way they connect with their customers. Both the scale and breadth of the Infosys portfolio of offerings, broad industry expertise and enterprise cloud adoption is an exciting opportunity for Fluido customers, and our people."
The deal is expected to close during the third quarter of fiscal 2019.
Salesforce Cloud Consulting Partner Mergers, Acquisitions
M&A activity involving Salesforce partners has been very strong for several months. Among the mergers and acquisitions we’ve tracked:
- Cognizant Technology Solutions acquired SaaSfocus, a major Salesforce cloud consulting partner in the Asia-Pacific (APAC) region with operations in Australia and India.
- ScanSource acquired Canpango, an implementation and cloud consulting partner.
- FMT Consultants, a Microsoft and NetSuite partner, acquired Red Sky Solutions of Orange Country, California in May 2018.
- Simplus in May 2018 acquired CirrusOne, a Salesforce and Oracle partner that offers consulting services for CPQ (configure, price, quote) and quote-to-cash solutions.
- Spaulding Ridge acquired Baun Consulting, a cloud CRM partner.
- Capgemini acquired Lyons Consulting Group, a Commerce Cloud partner.
- BV Investment Partners acquired control of Apps Associates, an IT services company.
- Simplus raised $9.3 million in Series B funding & acquired Salesforce partner CRM Manager.
- Silverline, a Salesforce platinum cloud consulting partner, attracted Pamlico Capital private equity investment for financial services, healthcare push.
Meanwhile, large IT consulting companies continue to rank among the Top 10 Salesforce Consulting and Implementation Partners.