ScanSource Acquires Salesforce Cloud Consultant Canpango
ScanSource has acquired Canpango, a Salesforce implementation and cloud consulting partner. The deal will help ScanSource partners with customer deployment and integration projects that span cloud CRM, contact center as a service (CCaaS) and unified communications as a service (UCaaS), the company asserts. Financial terms were not disclosed.
Canpango services include Salesforce solution configuration and implementation, business process consulting, training and education, application development, data migration and reporting. The company is headquartered in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, with offices in Chicago, New York, London and Port Elizabeth, South Africa.
Canpango CEO Matt Lautz and the company’s 70 employees have joined ScanSource in the deal, which closed this month. Lautz now leads Canpango as ScanSource’s CRM and business process consulting practice.
CRM, CCaaS and UCaaS Convergence
At first glance, partners may worry that ScanSource plans to compete against some of its own ecosystem members. But take a closer look and ScanSource is driving home these key points:
- With this acquisition, partners can build out their customer relationship management (CRM) capabilities and professional services offering without starting their own practice, ScanSource asserts.
- With Canpango’s expertise and resources, partners can uncover and expedite new revenue streams and opportunities, such as CRM and customer support solutions integrated directly with CCaaS and and UCaaS, the parent company adds.
ScanSource CEO Mike Baur reinforces those points, stating:
“As our partners continue to move upmarket into larger, more complex UCaaS and CCaaS opportunities, the requirements for CRM are increasing. The team at Canpango brings extensive experience around these technologies, as well as the professional services needed to make these solutions successful. We continually look for new markets for our partners to delve into and are excited about the opportunities this acquisition brings. We welcome the Canpango team to the ScanSource family.”
“CRM is at the core of every customer conversation, as reliable data allows for more meaningful customer relationships. The CRM conversation provides a natural entrance point for partners to extend their current offerings beyond UCaaS and CCaaS to include CRM, marketing automation, business consulting services and more. We are excited to join the ScanSource team and to deliver the professional services that can help both ScanSource and Intelisys partners accelerate these business opportunities.”
Salesforce Partner Mergers, Acquisitions
M&A activity involving Salesforce partners has been very strong for several months. Among the mergers and acquisitions we’ve tracked:
- FMT Consultants, a Microsoft and NetSuite partner, acquired Salesforce partner Red Sky Solutions of Orange Country, California in May 2018.
- Simplus in May 2018 acquired CirrusOne, a Salesforce and Oracle partner that offers consulting services for CPQ (configure, price, quote) and quote-to-cash solutions.
- Spaulding Ridge acquired Baun Consulting, a cloud CRM partner.
- Capgemini acquired Lyons Consulting Group, a Salesforce Commerce Cloud partner.
- BV Investment Partners acquired control of Apps Associates, an IT services company with Salesforce expertise.
- Simplus raised $9.3 million in Series B funding & acquired Salesforce partner CRM Manager.
- Silverline, a Salesforce platinum cloud consulting partner, attracted Pamlico Capital private equity investment for financial services, healthcare push.
- Salesforce partner and PSA cloud software provider Kimble Applications attracted funding to drive more growth.
- Salesforce cloud backup specialist OwnBackup raised $15.5 million.
Meanwhile, large IT consulting companies continue to rank among the Top 10 Salesforce Consulting and Implementation Partners.