It's Wednesday evening. Here are five technology news updates, insights, chatter, and plenty more to wind up your day on April 19, 2023.
What’s In Our Daily Mix?
- Who We Serve: Content for managed services providers (MSPs), IT service providers (ITSPs), cybersecurity consultants, technology solutions providers (TSPs), systems integrators, VARs, independent software vendors (ISVs), distributors and any other partner acronym that further energizes our already stellar SEO.
- Frequency: Every business day.
- Reaching me: Send news, tips and rumors to [email protected].
Today’s Technology and MSP Partner Program News
- Managed print security: Sharp and ConnectWise are partnering on secure managed print services via a new service that offers visibility into print security for Sharp devices. The service leverages the ConnectWise SIEM, monitored 24/7 by ConnectWise’s security operations center (SOC).
- Splunk gets new director: Cybersecurity and observability company, Splunk, has added Yamini Rangan to its board of directors. Rangan is the president, CEO and director of CRM platform HubSpot. She brings more than 25 years of experience in product marketing, sales, and strategy, including customer-facing roles at industry leaders like Dropbox, Workday, and SAP.
- New attorney in charge: Cloud commerce marketplace Pax8 has appointed Carrie Schiff as its first chief legal officer. Schiff will manage Pax8's legal team, ensure compliance across its global operations, and help drive the mergers and acquisitions process. She will report to CEO John Street.
- The tech job market: Meta has begun its most recent round of layoffs, and this time it’s cutting technical positions, according to Marketwatch. The new round of layoffs is reportedly in the range of 4,000. Facebook’s parent company is in the process of cutting a total of 21,000 jobs.
- More tech job cuts: Another report says that PC maker Lenovo is in the midst of job cuts as it faces slowed PC sales. In February the company reported its first profit drop in 3 years and reports said that the company was planning layoffs, although no number was confirmed.
C. Technology Conferences for MSPs, IT Channel Partners and More
- RSA Conference (April 24-27, San Francisco)
- Kaseya Connect Global (April 24-27, Las Vegas)
- Channel Partners Conference & Expo (May 1-4, Las Vegas)
- Data Center World 2023 (May 8-11)
- Nutanix .Next 2023 (May 9-10)
- All Tech Conferences: Listed Here
- Add Your Annual Event To Our Calendar: Submit it here for consideration.