Podcast: How Data-Driven Service Providers Will Drive Profitable Growth
Welcome to the ChannelE2E podcast. Our guest today is Joe Alapat, CEO of Liongard, a software provider that allows MSPs to standardize, secure and scale their managed IT services.
The conversation’s overarching theme involves automation. But listen closely, and Alapat describes how MSPs can automatically gather and integrate the right data to:
- gain insights;
- drive profitable growth at scale; and
- deliver higher-value outcomes for customers.
After the data-centric conversation, Alapat shifts gears around the 19 minute, 30 second mark and explains the overall service provider market, the predominant business models, and the key automation opportunities for each service provider business segment.
Podcast: Listen Here
The conversation covers:
- 0:00 – Introductions
- 1:04 – Liongard’s business focus, and alignment with MSPs.
- 2:50 – Data-driven managed services: What does it all mean for MSPs?
- 4:35 – Having an analytics and business intelligence background to drive MRR (monthly recurring revenue) and provide value
- 6:03 – How can MSPs drive profitable growth at scale? Answer: Amass insight for customers to provide outcomes and value. MSPs need data to provide that value.
- 7:29 – What if all the right data was at an MSP’s fingertips to address vulnerabilities, risk management and so much more?
- 9:05 – How much data should MSPs collect, what types of data, and how can MSPs avoid drowning in all that data?
- 10:40 – Data puddles vs. data lakes: How MSPs can connect all the right dots to gain the right visibility.
- 13:30 – How and why MSPs need to bring together structured and unstructured data for improved visibility, context and insights.
- 16:45 – Where Liongard’s software fits into the service provider data gathering, automation and insight conversation.
- 19:30 – Service providers, their predominant business models, and the automation opportunities within each business segment.
- 20:50 – Understanding supply chains vs. value chains — and the associated partner opportunities
- 22:40 – Data-driven managed services & growth at scale: The opportunity for service providers of all sizes.
- 24:25 – How service providers are moving into adjacent services.
- 26:45 – Initial automation use cases for Liongard.
- 29:02 – Where to visit Liongard.com to see the platform in action and request a demo.
- 30:04 – Conclusion.