Podcast: Apple Mac Device Management for MSPs Explained
How can MSPs manage and monetize Apple devices? In this ChannelE2E podcast, Addigy CEO Jason Dettbarn offers answers, and he explains how Apple-focused MSPs are growing faster than the overall managed IT services market.
Among the key points Dettbarn notes: There’s a difference between traditional RMM (remote monitoring and management) software compared to true mobile device management (MDM) software that’s purpose-built for Apple Macs. With that point in mind, MSPs that run Addigy grew their Mac-oriented business engagements by roughly 60 percent in 2021 vs. 2020, Dettbarn indicates.
Still, the Apple universe is foreign to some MSPs. And some IT service providers are leaving money on the table by not supporting Macs within existing customer sites. Dettbarn explains how to win that business in this conversation with ChannelE2E.
The podcast covers:
- 0:00 – Introductions
- 0:40 – Apple devices and MSPs: The massive growth curve.
- 1:33 – Why MSPs focused on Apple are growing faster than the overall managed IT services market.
- 3:12 – Understanding MDM for Apple devices: What MSPs should look for.
- 4:16 – MDM still represents mobile device management — but is it modern?
- 5:40 – Do iPhone, iPad and iOS represent an opportunity for MSPs?
- 6:36 – Are there specific Apple market segments — small, mid-market and/or enterprise — can win substantial business and scale?
- 7:40 – Co-managed services: How MSPs are working with mid-market IT departments to safeguard, secure and optimize Macs.
- 8:33 – How Apple’s product portfolio will fuel continued demand for Mac managed services.
- 9:42 – Tip: Why MSPs should join the Apple Consultants Network program without any costs.
- 10:42 – The Apple microprocessor refresh and new chipsets: What that refresh cycle means for MSPs.
- 12:02 – How MSPs deliver a turnkey activation experience for customers who receive new Macs.
- 13:05 – Jason Dettbarn’s personal career journey, and why he has empathy for MSPs.
- 14:00 – Growing to 70 employees and 2,000 MSPs that support 5,000+ customers.
- 15:30 – How and why Dettbarn maintains empathy with MSP business owners.
- 16:58 – How to reach out to Addigy.com for demos and more.
- 17:43 – Conclusion.