Simplus, founded in 2014 and headquartered in Salt Lake City, has acquired five consulting firms since late 2016, the company says. It most recently purchased CRM Manager in November 2017 after a Series B funding round led by EPIC Ventures, including Salesforce Ventures and Cross Creek Advisors.
The company's exact financials are undisclosed, but Simplus recently ranked No. 78 on Deloitte’s Technology Fast 500.
For its part, CirrusOne is a Silver Salesforce Partner and Gold Oracle Partner. The company was recently named the No. 4 Fastest Growing Consulting Firm in North America by Consulting Magazine. Revenues have grown 740 percent growth from 2013 to 2016, though actual revenues were not disclosed.
Forty-four CirrusOne employees are joining Simplus as part of the deal.
In a prepared statement, Simplus CEO Ryan Westwood said:
“Simplus and CirrusOne have long shared the same dedication to raising the industry bar, so my team and I are absolutely thrilled to combine forces to further accelerate progress in the CPQ space. We’re especially excited to inherit greater technical depth and domain expertise, as well as CirrusOne’s exceptional operating principles.”
Added CirrusOne CEO Shane Anastasi:
“Combining Simplus’ global footprint and success with the consultant development and project governance that has fueled CirrusOne’s rapid growth is an incredibly exciting proposition, Combined, we have an arsenal of go-to-market products that helps us accelerate our shared vision, and we are all very excited about the future.”
This is the second M&A deal involving Salesforce partners this week. The earlier deal involved Rackspace acquiring RelationEdge, a Salesforce Platinum Consulting Partner and digital agency.
Multiple Salesforce Partners Acquired
M&A activity involving Salesforce partners has been very strong for several months. Among the mergers and acquisitions we’ve tracked:
- Spaulding Ridge acquires Baun Consulting, a cloud CRM partner.
- Capgemini acquires Lyons Consulting Group, a Salesforce Commerce Cloud partner.
- BV Investment Partners acquires control of Apps Associates, an IT services company with Salesforce expertise.
- Simplus raises $9.3 million in Series B funding & acquires Salesforce partner CRM Manager.
- Silverline, a Salesforce platinum cloud consulting partner, attracts Pamlico Capital private equity investment for financial services, healthcare push.
- Salesforce partner and PSA cloud software provider Kimble Applications attracts funding to drive more growth.
- Salesforce cloud backup specialist OwnBackup raises $15.5 million.