Optiv is one of the world's largest IT consulting firms focused on security solutions. The company also ranks among the world's Top 100 MSSPs for 2017, according to MSSP Alert. KKR, a private equity firm, acquired Optiv in December 2016.
The Conexsys acquisition increases Optiv’s ability to serve Canadian, U.S. and global clients with expanded skills, knowledge and presence, according to the announcement.
Conexsys: Managed Security Services and More
For its part, Conexsys has developed a "loyal and repeat customer base in key Canadian industries including Government, Energy, Manufacturing and Financial," the company's website indicates. Key Conexsys services include:
- Co-managed services such as intrusion prevention, network access control, DDoS protection and mitigation, endpoint protection, web application firewalls and cloud-based managed security services.
- Threat analysis such as penetration testing.
- Tool-based rationalization for proper lifecycle asset management.
- Network security impact assessments.
- PCI readiness.
- Knowledge-based training and more.
“Together, Optiv and Conexsys provide expansive local coverage in Canada to help organizations navigate a myriad of products and technologies, and evaluate their infrastructures and operations to develop safer, saner and more strategic paths forward," said Cheryl McGrath, Optiv’s country general manager for Canada, in a prepared statement.
“By joining Optiv, we are gaining access to a number of holistic service offerings that enable us to perform comprehensive security optimization—from strategy and planning straight through to implementation and management," added Michael Yassin, president of Conexsys, a prepared statement. "We are very excited about this transaction and what it allows us to bring to the Canadian market.”