Cybersecurity and cloud management are dominating conversations and news announcements at this week's Microsoft Ignite 2018 conference in Orlando, Florida.
Among the key announcements that have surfaced in the past 24 hours:
9. WANs and Microsoft Azure: NetFoundry AppWANs is now available as an integrated on-ramp to Microsoft Azure. The NetFoundry AppWAN enables businesses to connect to Azure with an all-software solution in minutes, the company claims.
8. HR Software and Active Directory: Zoho People, an HR software platform, now supports AD360 -- an identity and access management (IAM) solution for Active Directory and Office 365. The latest version of AD360 automatically provisions and deprovisions user accounts in Active Directory driven by the changes in Zoho People, the company says.
7. Desktop Management: ManageEngine unveiled a unified endpoint management (UEM) edition of Desktop Central. It supports mobile device management, OS deployment and other Desktop Central features under one license, enabling enterprises to manage any endpoint for less than $2 per device per month.
6. Microsoft Windows Security: Adaptiva has unveiled Microsoft Windows endpoint health checks and remediation capabilities. at Microsoft Ignite. The checks span Windows security, updates, and applications.
5. Office 365 Management and Monitoring: Exoprise, a provider of management and monitoring tools for Office 365, has unveiled "expanded capabilities to enable organizations to optimize delivery, speed adoption, and lower costs for their Office 365 initiatives," the company claims.
4. Azure Data Protection: Zerto 6.5, which surfaced this week, "lays a foundation for backup capabilities within the platform and provides deeper analytics insight across all clouds," Zerto asserts. The updates are tightly integrated with Microsoft Azure, the company says.
3. Azure and Office 365 Data Protection: Hyperconverged secondary storage provider Cohesity has unveiled integrations with Microsoft Exchange Online and Microsoft Azure Data Box. The former safeguards Exchange data. The latter supports disaster recovery capabilities between on-premises environments and Azure.
2. Azure Monitoring: Blue Medora's BindPlane for Microsoft is now available. BindPlane is a purpose-built monitoring-integration-as-a-service (MIaaS), designed for Microsoft Azure.
1. Azure Multi-Factor Authentication: PingID multi-factor authentication (MFA) now integrates with Microsoft Azure Active Directory (Azure AD) and Microsoft Active Directory Federation Services (ADFS).