True MSP Software Integration: RMM’s Promise Fulfilled
Remote Monitoring and Management (RMM) tools hold out the promise of vastly improved efficiency and control in the management of day-to-day IT operations. But this promise is only made reality when there is true integration between the assorted applications in an IT environment and the RMM tool. Simply put, “true integration” enables the management product (whether an RMM or other higher management system) to consolidate all IT management functions in a single centralized console.
The technicians who use these management tools to administer their networks may work in the IT department of a large enterprise, but increasingly they’re part of MSPs like you who manage multiple businesses. By their very nature MSPs serve multiple clients, and thus you can face enormous management challenges if you can’t standardize on a tightly-integrated combination of applications and RMM tool. Lack of true RMM integration often means an MSP must administer a broad variety of software solutions using only their individual (and disparate) management consoles, a time-consuming and costly process.
Recognizing this challenge, Webroot has committed itself to achieving true integration with leading RMM vendors such as LabTech and Continuum. As a result, MSPs can standardize on Webroot endpoint security solutions across all of their clients and use their chosen RMM platform to:
- Deploy Webroot security software to managed endpoints: Webroot SecureAnywhere Business Endpoint Security can be installed on hundreds (even thousands) of devices in a matter of minutes via RMM.
- Monitor the general security state of all MSP customers under management: In just moments an MSP can evaluate in real-time the protection status of a multitude of endpoints, across multiple clients, using one RMM console.
- Generate tickets when infections occur and clear automatically when infections are remediated: Prompt notification via RMM of infections and their removal keeps MSPs informed when threats have been intercepted and cleared by Webroot.
- Generated tickets for more severe issues that require attention: Service tickets can be automatically created on the RMM console to alert MSP technicians of a threat/issue that needs to be investigated.
- Build reports: RMM tools can quickly deliver reports based on data from Webroot clients, enabling MSPs to easily monitor security in customer IT environments.
- Gather detailed security information about every endpoint including a history of infections: MSPs can use RMM tools to drill down and analyze individual endpoint threat and infection data, helping them to identity high-risk user activity.
- Interact with the security software and run commands like scan, collect statistics, etc.: Serving as a centralized command center, the RMM tool can control a wide variety of Webroot operational and administrative functions.
- Uninstall or retire endpoints that are no longer being used: Webroot’s tight RMM integration enables you to reduce costs by quickly removing unused endpoints and their associated licensing fees.
As the MSP landscape becomes increasingly competitive, your ability to serve customers more effectively and cost-efficiently is more important than ever. By leveraging Webroot’s true integration with leading RMM platforms, you can significantly cut the number of hours your technicians must spend on managing client endpoints. What’s more, you’ll also deliver superior threat protection—key to boosting customer satisfaction, long-term loyalty and overall profitability.
Want to find out if Webroot has what it takes to protect your clients? See for yourself with a no-risk FREE trial. You don’t even have to uninstall existing security.
Want to learn more about how Webroot partners with MSPs to delight customers, lower costs, and boost profits? Learn more.