ConnectWise has rolled out enhancements to ConnectWise RPA (robotic process automation), and ConnectWise Sidekick in its Asio platform.
The company debuted the advances at Automation Nation 2024 at the company headquarters in Tampa, Florida. They leverage the ConnectWise Asio platform and automate routine tasks so that MSPs can focus on strategic growth.
Their introduction builds on promises made and solutions rolled out at ConnectWise IT Nation Connect in Orlando last year.
With the integration of RPA and artificial intelligence (AI) more deeply into the Asio Platform, MSPs can enhance operational efficiency, cut costs, and explore new revenue streams that are not solely dependent on manual labor, according to the company.
Key Technology Upgrades
ConnectWise says it has made several improvements to its RPA technology, including:
- Streamlined Search Experience: A reorganized RPA bot system simplifies finding and using the right bots, enhancing problem resolution and overall client satisfaction.
- Enhanced Onboarding Process: New warnings for incomplete configurations and missing components reduce deployment errors and mitigate cybersecurity risks.
- Improved Data Mapping: Expanded site mapping capabilities allow for more accurate data representation, enhancing RPA operation efficiency.
- Simplified Device and Client Management: New sorting features facilitate easier management of devices and clients.
Tailored Solutions for IT Professionals
The introduction of RPA Pro and RPA Essentials provides partners with customizable tools to enhance efficiency and address specific business needs.
These solutions support the creation of custom actions and the integration of third-party applications through APIs, broadening the scope of workflow automation.
Industry Leaders' Insights
Jeff Bishop, executive vice president and general manager of Unified Monitoring and Management, ConnectWise, commented:
"We are steadfast in our commitment to advancing our Robotic Process Automation technology and AI capabilities, empowering our partners to enhance productivity and provide exceptional service to their clients. By enabling our partners to automate daily tasks and operate more efficiently, MSPs can swiftly address talent gaps while delivering innovative services that drive business growth for their clients."
Building on IT Nation Connect Introductions
The company introduced ConnectWise Sidekick for PSA at its IT Nation Connect event last year and at that time it had 70-plus use cases.
Sidekick leverages ConnectWise’s own proprietary generative AI models as well as the tech industry’s large language models to enable MSPs to use natural language prompts for automation and saving time. Among its capabilities are automating tasks such as the following:
- Generating PowerShell scripts
- Ticket categorization
- Providing Resolutions
- Automated responses to end users
ConnectWise that Sidekick can increase team productivity and optimize operations by prioritizing daily tasks so that MSPs can address critical problems first.