5 Channel Partner & MSP Market News Updates: 24 March 2023
Dell Goes Direct with Managed Service for SMBs; Cybersecurity Spending Through Channel Up 16.2% in Q4 2022; More Partnerships and Deals
Credit: Getty Images
TGIF! Here are five technology news updates, insights, chatter, and plenty more on this March 24, 2023. Sip up.
What’s In Our Daily Brew?
- Who We Serve: Content for managed services providers (MSPs), IT service providers (ITSPs), cybersecurity consultants, technology solutions providers (TSPs), systems integrators, VARs, independent software vendors (ISVs), distributors and any other partner acronym that further caffeinates our already stellar SEO.
- Frequency: Every business morning.
- Reaching the Barista: Send news, tips and rumors to [email protected].
Today’s Technology and MSP Partner Program News
- Dell is offering a $70 per seat per month IT managed service to SMBs via the Dell APEX Managed Device Service subscription. The service includes 24/7 service for keeping devices secure and up-to-date. The per seat cost of $70 is available on a month-to-month basis, and Dell says it includes all elements of hardware management from device set up to software implementation.
- Channel-led cybersecurity sales were strong, making up for a decline in direct sales in Q4 2022. That meant total spending on cybersecurity technology stayed strong in Q4 2022, according to new data from market research firm Canalys. The market grew 14.5% to $19.6 billion. Cybersecurity spending through the channel grew 16.2% to $18 billion, accounting for 91.8% of the market. Direct spending between customers and vendors represented 8.2% of the market and declined by 1.8%.
- Hybrid IT hosting and data center solutions provider QuadraNet has acquired the commercial BlackMesh platform, a content management system hosting solution from Contegix, an Atlassian partner. QuadraNet has also acquired Contegix’s private cloud services and commercial CMS hosting customer base as part of the agreement. As a result QuadraNet will expand its data center presence in St. Louis, Missouri and Reston, Virginia, bringing its footprint to 10 data centers in the U.S. Financing for the transaction was provided by VSS Capital Partners.
- Lumen is expanding its cloud-based solutions for contact centers through a partnership with Talkdesk. Lumen customers will now have access to Talkdesk CX Cloud and Talkdesk Industry Experience Clouds, automation-first experience solution that optimizes organizations’ customer service processes.
- Secure private-cloud managed service and software service provider CoSo Cloud LLC has earned the HIPAA Seal of Compliance for its CoSo Secure Private Cloud Platform. The company has also recently received certifications by the U.S. Department of Defense for DISA IL4 and renewal of its FedRAMP Moderate+ for Federal Government agencies.