Podcast 083: MapR CEO Matt Mills
We discuss MapR’s focus on the big data software market. Mills describes potential big data use cases and payoffs for end-customers. But he also reveals some of the talent and training challenges across the big data software market. We also touch on partner opportunities involving deployments, managed services and cloud services.
Here’s the podcast:
Key themes covered in the podcast include:
- 0:00: Introductions
- 0:40: Matt Mills describes MapR’s core focus areas.
- 3:32: Where MapR plays in the big data market — and the re-platforming of the data center.
- 4:58: Key big data trends from 2016, and for 2017.
- 5:39: Trends in big data job roles and talent.
- 8:34: Examples of how partners can work on small projects to get started.
- 10:29: Transitioning to real-time data flows.
- 11:24: A closer look at the partner ecosystem.
- 13:19: Extending big data to the Fortune 500, Fortune 5000 and beyond.
- 15:30: Big data on the international front.
- 15:46: Is big data’s growth similar to early days of relational databases?
- 16:50: Where MSPs fit in the conversation.
- 18:12: CSPs and big data consumption models.
- 19:20: How partners should address big data customer conversations.
- 22:04: How partners can engage with MapR.
- 24:00: Conclusion
ChannelE2E Podcasts: Who Says What?
Our podcast guests educate IT entrepreneurs and IT service providers about business development, management, transformation, partnering, growth and exits. Each CEO, executive or financial advisor personally drove:
- Company Launches — vision, mission, passion.
- Funding Stages — boot strap, friends and family, angel investments and venture capital.
- Expansions — core team building, process building, automation and partnering.
- Exits and transformations — IPOs, mergers, acquisitions and private equity deals.
Join the Conversation
For ChannelE2E Podcast sponsorship information, email Amy Katz, president and CEO, After Nines Inc. Guest bookings are handled privately. We look forward to bringing you the best and brightest technology business builders Tuesday nights at 9:01 p.m. ET./6:01 p.m. PT — and sometimes in between