Managed Security Services Market, Sales Forecast: Technology Research
The managed security services market will generate about $40.97 billion by 2022, representing a 16.6 percent compound annual growth rate (CAGR) from 2016, according to Allied Market Research.
MSPs and their MSSP (managed security service provider) cousins can offer a range of services. But for this particular market forecast, Allied Market Research focused on:
- Intrusion Protection & Intrusion Detection Systems (IPS/IDS);
- Distributed Denial of Service (DDoS) protection;
- Unified Threat Management (UTM);
- Firewall Management;
- Endpoint Security; and
- several other areas.
In terms of the key trends, Allied Research says:
- While North America is the largest managed security market, the Asia-Pacific region is growing fastest (20.3% CAGR);
- The IPS/DPS market is expected to exhibit a “remarkable growth” rate during the forecast period.
- Key players at the enterprise level include IBM Corp., HP Enterprise, Cisco Systems Inc., SecureWorks, Symantec, AT&T, BT Group, Verizon, and others.
ChannelE2E Says: This report — and the implications for channel partners and MSPs — is somewhat similar to a Security as a Service report from Persistence Market Research. Overall, many MSPs are scrambling to push beyond basic endpoint security (i.e., antivirus services) to offer multi-layer security. There’s real risk that some MSPs won’t be up to the challenge, which essentially opens the door for outsourced NOC (network operations center ) and SOC (security operations center) providers to fill the market voids.
All Technology Research Summaries: Track all technology market research summaries from ChannelE2E.