Top 50 Cloud Monitoring, Management Tools: Which Are Best?
When it comes to finding the ‘best’ cloud monitoring and management tools, there’s no shortage of options. No doubt, customers and service providers want to optimize, manage and monitor workloads and containers across Amazon Web Services, IBM SoftLayer, Microsoft Azure and Office 365, Google, Oracle, Salesforce.com and other public clouds.
NOTE: The list below is from 2016. NEW: Check out our 2017 list here.
To help VARs, managed services providers (MSPs) and IT consultants understand the playing field, ChannelE2E has compiled this list of cloud monitoring and management software. The list of tools is presented in alphabetical order.
1. Amazon CloudWatch: This is a monitoring service for AWS cloud resources and the applications you run on AWS. You can use Amazon CloudWatch to collect and track metrics, collect and monitor log files, set alarms, and automatically react to changes in your AWS resources, the company says.
2. AppDynamics: Focused on application performance management (APM), AppDynamics has been one of Silicon Valley’s strongest growth stories in recent years. Mostly used by DevOps and custom application developers to pinpoint issues in new or custom applications. AppDynamics offered ChannelE2E an update on its partner engagements in December 2015.
3. AppNeta: The SaaS-based tool offers APM capabilities across four integrated modules — TraceView (code-level app performance monitoring); AppView (synthetic transaction monitoring); FlowView (application-aware traffic analysis); and PathView (network health and performance).
4. Aternity: Their primary focus is end-user experience management — a hot topic for today’s service providers. The company’s tools monitor mobile, virtual and physical devices. Much of the focus is on helping IT service desks.
5. Avnet Cloud Marketplace: The distributor’s online marketplace allows partners to select and activate a range of cloud services.
6. Bitnami Cloud Tools: As of January 2016, the tools help you manage and monitor AWS, Microsoft Azure and Google Cloud Platform.
7. BMC Cloud Operations Management: This platform is designed to offer proactive performance monitoring and capacity management.
8. CAdvisor: Analyzes resource usage and performance characteristics of running containers.
9. CA Unified Infrastructure Management: Also called CA UIM, the IT monitoring solution can oversee traditional and cloud environments. The technology is built upon CA’s 2010 buyout of Nimsoft, though plenty of enhancements have arrived since that time.
10. Cisco CloudCenter (formerly CliQr): An application-centric cloud management solution to manage applications in data center, private cloud, and public cloud environments.