It's Thursday evening, and it's been a busy day. Here are five technology news updates, insights, chatter, and plenty more to wind up your day on March 30, 2023.
What’s In Our Daily Mix?
- Who We Serve: Content for managed services providers (MSPs), IT service providers (ITSPs), cybersecurity consultants, technology solutions providers (TSPs), systems integrators, VARs, independent software vendors (ISVs), distributors and any other partner acronym that further caffeinates our already stellar SEO.
- Frequency: Every business day.
- Reaching me: Send news, tips and rumors to [email protected].
Today’s Technology and MSP Partner Program News
- What are MSP Priorities in 2023?: Kaseya’s 2023 MSP Benchmark Report found that automation, cybersecurity, and integration are top priorities for managed service providers this year. A full 90% of MSPS said automation is a crucial tech for their businesses. And 65% of MSPS said most or all of their clients have asked them for cybersecurity advice. We’ll have deeper coverage of this important survey of 1,000 MSPs on ChannelE2E tomorrow.
- Accolades for a top partner: Granite Telecommunications has been named as partner of the year by Juniper Networks. The company was recognized in the Americas Managed Service Provider category for its ability to integrate Juniper-powered solutions in network services for customers. The Quincy, Massachusetts-based Granite provides communications and tech solutions to businesses and government agencies.
- Google points the finger: Google parent Alphabet has accused Microsoft of anti-competitive cloud practices, and has urged regulators in the European Union to crack down on its riva’s deals with smaller companies, reports say. Google’s cloud president said that Microsoft leverages its on-premises business and its Office 365 and Windows to tie Azure and the rest of its cloud services, making it hard for customers to choose anything else.
- Cloud gets complicated: A new report found that 83% of IT leaders in the US and UK are using more than one cloud service provider, and 44% are using more than 3 cloud service providers. The report from Virtana, a provider of AI-driven solutions for hybrid cloud management and monitoring, demonstrates the growing management and data complexities in the multi-cloud world.
- Help with defense in new supply chain attack: In the wake of a new supply chain attack from a potential nation-state actor that could impact thousands of users of the 3CX VoIP Desktop Application, managed security platform company Huntress is offering its Managed EDR services free of charge for 30 days to those impacted businesses using 3CX. One caveat, the offer only applies to organizations not already working with Huntress.