Good morning, channel partners. Here are five technology news updates, insights, chatter, and plenty more to start your day for Tuesday, December 27, 2016.
Actually, there are eight timely entries for VARs, managed services providers (MSPs), cloud services providers (CSPs), independent software vendors (ISVs), telco master agents and telco agents to sip on. Take a look…
8. Panasonic & Tesla: Panasonic will invest more than $256 million in a New York production facility of Tesla Motors to make photovoltaic (PV) cells and modules, deepening a partnership of the two companies, Reuters reported.
7. Big Data Analytics and Amazon Cloud: Tableau is the latest company to launch a big data analytics application on Amazon Web Services. The move comes only a few days after Hortonworks extended its Hadoop platform from Microsoft Azure to AWS.
5. Unisys Federal, Cloud Talent: Unisys Corporation has hired two key executives to drive the company's federal efforts. Gary Wang has joined Unisys Federal as VP, cloud and infrastructure services. He's an IBM and Lockheed Martin veteran. Also, Peter O'Donoghue has joined the company as VP, applications services, Unisys Federal. He's a CSRA and CSC veteran. Wang and O'Donoghue report to Venkatapathi "PV" Puvvada, president of Unisys Federal.
4. Closing Up Shop: ClusterHQ, a cloud-centric container startup, has imploded and closed up shop. The overall Docker and container software markets continue to grow rapidly. ClusterHQ therefore proves that rising IT tides don't lift all boats.
2. Top 100 Vertical Market MSPs: Does your company rank among them? Find out. Complete our Top 100 Vertical Market MSPs survey and potentially get honored when we reveal results in early 2017.
1. How Much Is Your Business Really Worth?: Find out. Service Leadership CEO Paul Dippell will describe valuation metrics during our January 26 webcast. Register now and learn how to raise your business's valuation during the webcast.