Good morning, channel partners. Here are five technology news updates, insights, chatter, and plenty more to start your day for Friday, November 11, 2016.
Actually, there are 14 entries for VARs, managed services providers (MSPs), cloud services providers (CSPs), independent software vendors (ISVs), telco master agents and telco agents to sip on. Take a look…
14. Trump Election Pressures Tech Stocks: Tech stocks have dropped considerably since Donald Trump won the presidential election. Share in Facebook Inc., Amazon.com Inc., Netflix Inc. and Google parent Alphabet Inc. each fell at least 1.9 percent on Thursday, Bloomberg noted.
13. Tech Giants React to Trump: You already know that Silicon Valley largely rejected Donald Trump's presidential bid. But what are those same pundits saying now? Here's what some of the biggest IT influencers told TechCrunch.
12. Trump And Small Business Policy Changes: Here's what you might expect.
11. Yahoo Incompetence: Yahoo admitted yesterday that some of its employees were aware of the theft of 500 million users’ data as early as 2014 — years before Yahoo publicly acknowledged the hack. Verizon, which is buying Yahoo, has threatened to rethink the deal's valuation amid the hack disclosure.
10. Talent Grab: Brian Goldfarb, a cloud veteran who has worked at Microsoft and Google, is leaving his position at Salesforce to become Splunk's CMO, Recode has learned. Splunk, which has been accelerating its partner program, is one of Silicon Valley's fastest-growing operational intelligence and log management companies.
9. IT Consulting M&A: Accenture has acquired Nashco Consulting Ltd., a Canada-based company that provides consulting, design and implementation services for ServiceNow. Accenture has made multiple acquisitions in the SaaS consulting market, and has even been pushing down into the SMB customer sector for G Suite (the former Google Apps).
8. OpenStack Consultant Pivots: Mirantis, known for its OpenStack consulting practice, is shifting its focus -- a surefire sign that OpenStack isn't quite living up to its hype. Going forward, Mirantis will emphasize services more, and de-emphasize selling software. As part of this strategic refocusing, 100 people have been laid off and 180 people have been reassigned, according to DailyCloud.
7. Cloud Distribution: SYNNEX CLOUDSolv has launched a cloud assessments services program to help channel partners determine which customer workloads should shift to the cloud.
6. Business Performance Management: Keep an eye on AppDynamics's new Business iQ engine. The company competes against New Relic in the Application Performance Monitoring (APM) sector, and is set to host a major customer conference next week.
5. Also Next Week: ChannelE2E will surface at New Relic's FutureStack 2016 conference. Why? Here are the clues... If you'd like to potentially meet at the conference please email me ([email protected]).
4. Managed Services Market Growth: The managed services market will reach $242.4 billion in 2021, up from $145.33 billion in 2016 -- a Compound Annual Growth Rate (CAGR) of 10.8%, according to Markets and Markets.
3. Autotask Expansion: Autotask has opened a new office in Manchester, UK. This is the second UK location for the company. Autotask localized its business management software for multiple geographies several years ago.
2. ConnectWise IT Nation 2016 -- Last Call: We'll wrap up our ConnectWise IT Nation 2016 coverage today from Orlando. Thanks to those who granted us meetings, briefings and business engagements here at the conference.
1. Channel Partner Program Database: Infrascale and Automatic Payroll Systems are the latest additions to the ChannelE2E Partner Programs Database. The database allows you to quickly search for specific vendors in specific IT sectors -- like networking, security, storage and more. Is your company listed? If not then submit it here.