VMware's VMworld 2018 US kicked off August 26 in Las Vegas. Here’s a live blog with all of the latest developments involving VMware, multi-cloud strategic alliances, partnerships, customer trends and more.
10. Database Services: Amazon and VMware have unveiled a relational database service called Amazon RDS on VMware. The offering supports Microsoft SQL Server, Oracle, PostgreSQL, MySQL, and MariaDB databases -- on-premises or in AWS or VMware Cloud on AWS.
9. DaaS: Navisite has upgraded its Managed Desktop as a Service (DaaS) solutions with support for the new VMware Horizon DaaS 8.0.
8. VMware Acquires CloudHealth: VMware is acquiring CloudHealth Technologies for various cloud management capabilities -- including cost management, compliance and performance across AWS and Azure.
7. VMware on Managed Services: Expedient is the latest MSP to offer managed services for VMware Cloud on AWS.
6. VMware Cloud on AWS Price Cuts: Details are here.
5. VMware Pitches Multi-Cloud Partner Services: Details are here.
4. Backup - VMware Cloud on AWS: ClearSky Data, provider of on-demand backup and DR as a service, now supports VMware Cloud on AWS. Customers can protect all their data in the cloud exactly as they do on-premises – without replication or egress fees, and with on-demand access from anywhere, ClearSky Data asserts.
3. Business Continuity: NAKIVO, a virtualization and cloud backup software company, announced the general availability of NAKIVO Backup & Replication v8. The new version introduces a Site Recovery feature, which can help customers achieve business continuity and 24/7 availability of IT services, NAKIVO asserts.
1. Share Your VMworld 2018 News: Email me the details ([email protected]) and we'll potentially mention the developments to our readers.