17. VMware User Group:VMUG CEO Brad Tompkins describes key milestones and next moves for the independent organization and its membership in this ChannelE2E Interview.
16. Cloud Services: Global cloud infrastructure provider OVHcloud has launched VMware Cloud Foundation on OVHcloud, a hyperconverged, software-defined data center (SDDC) infrastructure solution. It integrates VMware SDDC offerings – VMware vSphere, vSAN, and NSX – to virtualize compute, storage, and networking with a modern OVHcloud Hosted Private Cloud architecture, the company says.
15. Data Protection:Zerto plans to preview the Zerto 7 IT Resilience Platform at the conference. The platform converges backup, disaster recovery (DR) and cloud mobility solutions into a single offering, the company says.
14. VMware Multi-Cloud Partner Strategy: Watch for updates involving the VMware Cloud Provider Platform. The goal: Help partners to expand their multi-cloud managed services portfolios. The latest offerings, unveiled August 24, include:
VMware Cloud Provider Hub: This is a centralized portal for partners to purchase, provision, and manage VMware Cloud infrastructure and operations services offerings for multi-cloud. The Cloud Provider Hub will allow partners to expand their VMware Cloud infrastructure footprint with VMware Cloud on AWS and offer consistent multi-cloud operations with VMware Cloud Services, the company says.
For partners running a VMware environment today, the new VMware Cloud Provider Pod, VMware vCloud Director 9.5, VMware vCloud Availability for Cloud-to-Cloud DR, and VMware vCloud Usage Insight will enable cloud standardization with single click automated deployment, simplified management, and reporting, the company says.
11. Risk Management: Caveonix RiskForesight, a hybrid cloudworkload protection platform, is now available through the VMware Cloud Provider Program.
10. Virtual Desktop Infrastructure:AccelStor’s all-flash array, the NeoSapphire H710, will surface at the conference to highlught virtual desktop capabilities.
9. Cloud Management:Morpheus Data has upgraded its cloud management platform (CMP) to help IT Operations teams orchestrate software-defined networks, multi-cloud high availability, and configuration management tools. The enhancements:
Simplify networking with VMware NSX and phpIPAM
Assure service levels with the Zerto IT Resilience Platform
Scale IT automation with Ansible Tower and Ansible Vault
8. Distribution:Ingram Micro today announced it has successfully achieved a VMware Master Services Competency in Data Center Virtualization.
7. IT Management:SolarWinds will publicly demonstrate its updated infrastructure management portfolio for the first time at VMworld. The updates span multiple products, including the latest versions of Server & Application Monitor (SAM), Virtualization Manager (VMAN), Storage Resource Monitor (SRM), and introducing SolarWinds Server Configuration Monitor (SCM).
5. VMware and MSPs: Keep an eye on VMware’s MSP partner strategy — which includes key solutions to help telcos and hosting providers with their managed services build-outs. The name to know is VMware Senior VP Ajay Patel.
3. Dell and VMware – Do No Harm: Dell Technologies explored and rejected a potential reverse merger idea with VMware earlier this year. That decision calmed fears that Dell may somehow damage or overly control VMware’s business evolution. Now, Michael Dell is hatching a new plan to return Dell Technologies to public markets. It’s a safe bet he’ll make some statements about the effort in or around VMworld.
2. VMware Vision: CEO Pat Gelsinger and EVP/CTO Ray O’Farrell deliver their joint keynote on Monday, August 27. We’ll have coverage as it unfolds…