5 Channel Partner Updates: Monday 27 April 2020
Here are five (actually more) technology news updates, insights, chatter, and plenty more to start your day for Monday, April 27, 2020. Sip up.
Our Daily Brew
- Who We Serve: Content for managed services providers (MSPs), cloud services providers (CSPs), IT consulting firms, systems integrators, VARs, independent software vendors (ISVs), and any other partner acronym that further caffeinates our already stellar SEO.
- Frequency: Every business morning.
- Reaching the Barista: Send news, tips and rumors to [email protected].
A. What’s Hot Today
1. Top 100 Vertical Market MSPs 2020: The complete list and research results are here.
2. Datto Veterans Launch Zorus: Can they simplify cybersecurity for channel partners? Zorus CEO Greg Gage offers this background.
3. Cloud Services Earnings: Amazon, Microsoft and Google all are expected to announce quarterly results this week. The results will offer new clues about cloud services momentum amid the coronavirus pandemic.
4. M&A – Global Slowdown: The global mergers and acquisition (M&A) deal volume and value started declining with the first quarter (Q1) of 2020 approaching the end, according to GlobalData. The number of announced M&A deals decreased from 2,349 in February 2020 to 1,984 in March 2020. Also, the corresponding deal value also decreased from US$151.2bn to US$129.9bn. All regions witnessed a decline in deal volume and value except for the Asia-Pacific (APAC) and South and Central America, which witnessed growth in deal value, the researcher says.
5. M&A – Data Center Technology: NVIDIA has completed the $7 billion acquisition of Mellanox Technologies. The deal, announced on March 11, combines data center computing and networking technology.
6. Enterprise IT Monitoring: Paessler AG has launched PRTG Enterprise Monitor for businesses that need to monitor large IT infrastructures with thousands of devices. The licensing starts at 30,000 sensors. Those sensors can track network performance, infrastructure, applications, databases, storage, virtual environments as well as medical infrastructures, shop floors or IoT setups.
7. Layoffs – Chatbots: Ada Support, which develops AI-powered chatbots for customer service teams, is cutting 23 percent of its staff.
B. Upcoming Technology Conferences
- List: Tech Conferences Rescheduled, Canceled, Postponed or Online Only
- Bonus: ChannelE2E’s complete event calendar
Got news to share for our morning update? Email me: [email protected].