5 Channel Partner Updates: Wednesday 15 January 2020
Here are five (actually, a bit more…) technology news updates, insights, chatter, and plenty more to start your day for Wednesday, January 15, 2020. Sip up.
Our Daily Brew
- Who We Serve: Content for managed services providers (MSPs), cloud services providers (CSPs), IT consulting firms, systems integrators, VARs, independent software vendors (ISVs), and any other partner acronym that further caffeinates our already stellar SEO.
- Frequency: Every business morning.
- Reaching the Barista: Send news, tips and rumors to Joe@AfterNines.com.
A. What’s Hot Today
1. Millennial Wealth: The amount of the nation’s wealth held by millennials is expected to grow to 16 percent by 2030, a four-fold increase over 2015’s 4 percent, Deloitte’s CaseyQuirk unit told the Securities and Exchange Commission, Forbes reports.
2. Funding – SAP on AWS Partner: Lemongrass Consulting, an MSP for SAP applications on Amazon Web Services (AWS), has raised $10 million in Series C funding. Blue Lagoon Capital led the investment round with participation from existing investor Columbia Capital.
3. Talent – SaaS M&A Expert: BitTitan has hired Kirk Swanson as corporate development associate. Swanson will lead BitTitan’s effort to acquire SaaS companies that have a strong focus on IT service providers and MSPs.
5. Talent – Data Management: Reltio has hired Terence Runge as Chief Information Security Officer (CISO). He previously held security roles at Illumio, Blackbaud, Guidewire, Salesforce and Symantec.
6. Expansion – Network Services: FarrPoint, a UK-based digital connectivity specialist, has launched a new subsidiary in Canada. The organization focuses on rural broadband projects, fibre and 5G urban projects, and solving connectivity challenges.
7. IT Contract: Spain’s Banco Sabadell has hired IBM for a 1 billion euro ($1.11 billion) overhaul of its IT systems over the next ten years, Reuters reports.
8. Amazon – India SMBs: Amazon will invest $1 billion to bring small businesses online in India, reaching out to some of his fiercest critics in a goodwill visit that saw CEO Jeff Bezos donning traditional Indian attire and fly a kite with children, Reuters reports.
B. Partner Programs and Strategic Alliances
1. Talent – Channel Leadership: Alliance of Channel Women members have elected two new directors to the ACW board. The new directors are Jasmina Muller, VP of North America Channel at Everbridge, and Lori Graber, manager of sales operations at Telesystem. They will serve two-year terms on the ACW leadership team. ACW is a not-for-profit organization dedicated to accelerating the growth of female channel leaders in technology.
2. Talent – Cloud Sales: Avaya has named Masergy veteran William Madison as VP of cloud sales for North America. He’ll focus on Avaya Cloud Office UCaaS and other solutions for partners and customers.
3. Talent – Channel Chief: GitLab has named Michelle Hodges as VP of global channels and Robin Schulman as chief legal officer & corporate secretary. Hodges and Schulman join GitLab as it drives toward its plan to go public in 2020.
4. Talent – Value-Added Distribution: Exclusive Networks, a valued-added distributor (VAR) for cybersecurity and cloud solutions, has hired Christina Banker as VP of North American Sales. She previously held key posts at Oracle, Veeam, Fortinet, NetApp and VMware.
5. ServiceNow Partner: PlatCore has achieved ServiceNow Elite Partner Status. PlatCore develops a Learning Management System for ServiceNow’s Now Platform.
6. Google Cloud Platform: Konica Minolta Business Solutions, U.S.A., Inc. is now a Google Cloud Premier Partner.
7. SaaS Marketplace: LogMeIn has launched the GoTo Marketplace, a single point of access to all of the applications and productivity tools that integrate with LogMeIn’s GoTo suite of Unified Communications & Collaboration (UCC) products.
C. Upcoming Technology Conferences
- TruMethods Schnizzfest 2020 (January 19-21, Orlando, Florida)
- SMB TechFest Q1 (January 22-23, Southern California)
- Avaya Engage 2020 (February 2-5, Phoenix, Arizona)
- IoT Evolution (February 12-14, Fort Lauderdale, Florida)
- Top 50 Technology Events in 2020 for Partners
- Bonus: ChannelE2E’s complete event calendar
Got news to share for our morning update? Email me: Joe@AfterNines.com.