ServiceNow, led by CEO Bill McDermott, has been evolving beyond IT service management (ITSM) software to workflow automation across HR, finance, SecOps and other business departments.
ServiceNow's business evolution involves organic R&D (research and development) coupled with acquisitions. The M&A deals have involved application performance monitoring (APM), robotic process automation (RPA), artificial intelligence, chatbot automation, and plenty more.
ServiceNow Acquisitions: The Deal List
Here's a list of ServiceNow acquisitions, which ChannelE2E updates each time a new M&A deal surfaces.
10. October 2022: Era Software for observability, log management and a competitive alternative to ElasticSearch.
9. June 2022: Hitch Works to helps customers to identify which employees are best suited for projects based on skills and interests.
8. August 2021: Mapwize for indoor mapping software.
7. August 2021: ServiceNow acquired Swarm64 to scale digital workflows.
6. May 2021: Lightstep, which marries ITSM with application performance monitoring (APM) to potentially counter Cisco AppDynamics, Datadog, New Relic & other APM software providers.
5. March 2021: Intellibot, a robotic process automation (RPA) software platform that may position ServiceNow to compete against Automation Anywhere, UiPath, and other RPA software platforms.
4. November 2020: Element AI to meld artificial intelligence (AI) with automated workflow.
3. January 2020: Passage AI, a conversational artificial intelligence company. ServicNow’s chatbot virtual agents will gain more automation and multi-language speech support.
2. October 2018: FriendlyData for natural language query (NLQ) technology. The speech-driven search technology may change ITSM & help desks.
1. April 2018: VendorHack, a cloud and SaaS cost management platform that helps customers to track SaaS license utilization rates and associated costs.