Krow Software Upgrades Salesforce-Based PSA Platform
Krow Software has upgraded its professional services automation (PSA) platform, which is built natively on Salesforce.com. While many PSA platforms focus specifically on IT services, Krow PSA offers a broader approach that addresses project management capabilities.
Krow project management is designed for every team member to collaborate on projects, and is not limited to simple ticketing and time entry. The platform allows you to manage tasks, share files, enter time against tasks, view project tasks by calendar or Gantt, and export projects as required. Project sections can be created dynamically with the drag and drop interface, and you can view resource scheduling issues at a glance and update resource schedules with a click of a button directly from the resource planner.
The latest Krow PSA upgrade, available in the Salesforce AppExchange, features the following enhancements, the company says:
- Slack Bot – The new Krow Bot for Slack allows users to view projects and tasks, drill into project and task details including project profitability and financials, create new project and tasks, as well as enter time worked against projects and tasks directly from within Slack.
- Project Forecasting – A new forecasting engine enables customers to forecast project revenue and compare against actuals for all types of revenue and costs delivering real-time insight and analysis into current and pipeline services revenue and margin.
- CPQ (Configure, Price, Quote) – New bi-directional synchronization with Salesforce opportunity products and price books to automatically create services quotes from opportunities and projects details together. Also, enhanced support for mark-ups and discounts, and the ability to create contracts automatically from proposals and projects.
- Enhanced Scheduling – A newly enhanced scheduling protocol delivers the ability to manage services projects with auto-scheduling capability such as effort based scheduling, and will automatically determine task and project durations based on the percentage of effort available across one or more resources.
- Mobile – The enhanced mobile timesheet includes a new timer feature to easily start, pause, and stop the timer while working on projects and tasks, automatically creating time entries upon completion.
- Microsoft Project Integration – The ability to seamlessly import and export Microsoft project files, automatically creating projects in Krow including the calculation of task durations, dependencies, lag days, priorities, and more.
- Customer Communities – New project management enhancements for customers and partners to directly collaborate with project teams on the successful delivery of client engagements.
- Integrations – A new integration with Sage Live financials built native on the Salesforce App Cloud delivering seamless integration of projects, invoices, and purchases directly between Krow and Sage Live.
The software already includes several integrations with accounting and productivity solutions including Sage Live, Sage Intacct, NetSuite, QuickBooks, Xero, Slack, JIRA, and Zendesk, which support real-time connections with the applications project teams use every day.
Krow offers a free trial of the software on the Salesforce AppExchange. The company has competition in the Salesforce-centric PSA market, where players like FinancialForce and Kimble also have momentum.