This is M&A deal 484 that ChannelE2E has covered so far in 2020. See the full M&A deal list here.
Zilker of Austin, Texas, was an Inc. 5000 company for 2020 and 2019. The digital consultancy and systems integrator's revenue has grown roughly 249 percent over the past three years -- though actual revenue and profit figures were not disclosed. Zilker has strategic relationships with existing EY alliance organizations such as Adobe, IBM and Red Hat, and Dell Boomi.
Ernst & Young Buys Cloud MSP, IT Consulting Firm Zilker: Key Focus Areas
Zilker focuses on such vertical markets as consumer products, health care, financial services, energy and utilities. Zilker's technology services expertise spans these 10 key areas:
- e-commerce and order management systems such as Magento and IBM's Sterling Order Management and Fulfillment.
- content management systems such as Adobe Experience Manager and Coremedia Content Cloud
- digital experience
- technology integrations
- security to address governance risk and compliance; identity and access management (IAM); security operations; and threat and vulnerability management
- cloud services across micro service architectures, migrations, performance pricing, virtualization and more.
- managed services spanning application management, development services, hosting, operational outsourcing, security monitoring, and system monitoring
- process management
- emerging technologies -- particularly artificial intelligence, machine learning, blockchain and the Internet of Things.
The company has 360 employees across the United States, Canada, Serbia and India. The Zilker team will tuck into Ernst & Young's Digital and Emerging Technologies group.
Ernst & Young Acquires Zilker: Executive Perspectives
In a prepared statement about the deal, Kelly Grier, EY US chair and managing partner, as well as Americas managing partner, said:
“Businesses have rapidly switched to an online paradigm where customers expect digitally connected solutions that strengthen their e-commerce experience. We’re incredibly excited to welcome Zilker to the EY family as they squarely align with our growth strategy and complement our digital and technology transformation capabilities.”
Added Steve Payne, EY Americas vice chair – consulting:
“The addition of Zilker will strengthen how EY delivers end-to-end transformation for our clients, from strategy and design to technology implementation. Zilker’s global delivery approach and customer-centric culture also strongly match with our core values of exceptional client service and high-performance teaming.”
Concluded Rob Thomas, managing partner and CEO of Zilker:
“Our mission has always been to be a catalyst for growth, aiming to drive material business impact for our clients. Joining the EY organization further enables us to live out this goal and create long-term value for leading organizations across the world.”
Alliance Perspectives on EY-Zilker Deal
In a prepared statement about the deal, Amit Ahuja, VP, business development and strategy at Adobe, said:
“The rapid growth of the EY-Adobe Alliance is a testament to the EY focus on driving business value and building integrated, intuitive and engaging customer experiences. Bringing the EY network and Zilker Technology together will accelerate the goals Adobe shares with both organizations, which are focused on helping businesses drive growth through strategic design, infrastructure, technology and implementation.”
Concluded Greg Sarafin, EY global alliance and ecosystem leader:
“We are excited to see EY and Zilker coming together. The EY-IBM Alliance is expanding rapidly, and we believe the addition of Zilker will help our clients receive greater business value and innovation as they tackle complex challenges with the help of Hybrid Cloud and AI.”
Ernst & Young: Recent Technology Company Acquisitions
EY has remained a steady buyer in the technology consulting marker. Recent purchases include:
- November 2020: cloud identity management company IDMSense;
- December 2019: Sila Solutions' cyber practice;
- September 2019: managed detection & response (MDR) provider ElevatedPrompt; and
- February 2019: SAP consulting firm Plaut IT.