Ernst & Young Acquires SAP Consulting Firm Plaut IT, Expands Managed Services
Ernst & Young, more commonly known as EY these days, has acquired Plaut IT, an Australia-based SAP consulting partner. The deal also includes a Malaysian subsidiary, Baseliner Consulting. Financial terms were not disclosed.
Plaut IT’s clientele includes SCT Logistics, Toyota Motor Corporation Australia, Sanitarium, as well as state and federal government departments, the company says.
EY Technology gains 130 staff members. The Plaut IT business in Australia and Malaysia will be branded as EY. Plaut IT Chairman David Prior will join EY’s Technology services in Sydney, Australia.
EY: Acquiring Digital Consulting Firms
This is EY’s fourth digital acquisition in seven months. The others were Adelphi Digital Consulting Group in November 2018; Xynapse Sdn Bhd and Xynapse Asia Sdn Bhd in September 2018; and Articulate Consulting in July 2018.
The Plaut IT deal complements EY’s 2017 Brightree acquisition in Malaysia, and enhances EY’s ability to provide an SAP delivery and managed service center of excellence for Asia Pacific clientele, the company says. Moreover, EY expects to compete for larger end-to-end SAP deals in the sector.
Additional SAP Partner Acquisitions
Multiple IT consulting firms and integrators have been buying SAP partners. Example deals include:
- Accenture acquired Intrigo Systems, a U.S.-based SAP partner, in December 2016.
- HCL Technologies acquired H&D International Group in June 2018.
- Dimension Data acquired a majority stake in London-based SAP partner e2y.
- Private equity firm Symphony Technology Group (STG) acquired SAP data automation partner Winshuttle Holdings in May 2018.
- Milan-based Techedge S.P.A. acquired NIMBL, a 100-person SAP partner focused on midmarket and enterprise managed services in March 2018.
- One Equity Partners, a middle market private equity firm, acquired Rizing LLC, an SAP-focused provider of IT systems integration and implementation services in February of this year.
- NTT Communications Corp. in November 2017 acquired Secure-24 Intermediate Holdings, a U.S.-based managed services provider (MSP) focused on hosted SAP, Oracle and Microsoft solutions.
- Capgemini in September 2017 acquired Lyons Consulting Group, a 300-person Salesforce Commerce Cloud, SAP Hybris and Magento partner.
- Lightwell, an IT services and solutions provider in Dublin, Ohio, in September 2017 acquired BAAX LLC—a Columbus, Ohio-based consulting firm that specializes in SAP and Oracle data analytics.