Concept Plus was founded in 2008 as a government services provider. The company works with Oracle, cloud, and mobile technologies, providing program and technology management, software and solution development, and systems integration services.
Founded in 2000, DAI Solutions works with various government agencies including the Departments of Defense, Health and Human Services, Homeland Security, and Veterans Affairs.
The acquisition is expected to strengthen Concept Plus’ services by enhancing its insight, software solutions, implementation, and training to help it deliver tailored solutions to clients, the company said.
“Our clients are investing in transformation initiatives that leverage technology to solve difficult business challenges and prepare stakeholders to use the technology to meet their goals. The integration of Concept Plus, LLC and DAI Solutions allows us to meet these needs rapidly,” said Ahmad Abuzaakouk, Concept Plus’ president and CEO.
DAI Solutions will continue operating under its own name as a subsidiary of Concept Plus. Terms of the deal were not disclosed.
Mergers and Acquisitions: Government IT Consulting Firms, Service Providers
M&A activity in the government IT services and consulting market has been steady. Additional deals we've tracked since 2017 include:
- November 2018: Private equity-backed EverWatch acquired Dynamic Engineering Solutions (DES), an IT consulting firm that provides software and systems engineering, cloud and systems administration to government agencies. Financial terms were not disclosed.
- September 2018: Science Applications International Corp. (SAIC) acquired rival Engility for $2.5 billion in stock. The deal created a $6.5 billion IT consulting and professional services firm focused on government agencies.
- May 2018: SAP National Security Services (SAP NS2) acquired government IT systems integrator Technology Management Associates (TMA).
- February 2018: General Dynamics acquired government IT contractor CSRA for $9.6 billion, making it the number two provider of federal IT services.
- February 2018: On Assignment purchased ECS Federal LLC, one of the largest privately-held U.S. government services contractors, for $775 million.
- December 2017: System One Inc. purchased GAP Solutions, a professional services firm and IT solutions provider that supports U.S. federal clients, for an undisclosed amount.
- August 2017: Data Systems Analysts (DSA) acquired Project Performance Company (PPC), a government-focused IT solutions provider that specializes in enterprise systems development and integration, knowledge management, cybersecurity, energy management and environmental sustainability.
- June 2017: Accenture (ACN) acquired Phase One, an Arlington, Virginia-based government IT consulting firm.
- January 2017: MacAulay-Brown Inc. (MacB) acquired Enlighten IT Consulting (EITC), which became a wholly-owned subsidiary of the government-focused cybersecurity specialist.
Oracle Partner Mergers and Acquisitions
Meanwhile, Oracle partners have also maintained a steady stream of M&A activity. Key deals we've tracked include:
Check ChannelE2E daily for the latest M&A deals involving VARs, MSPs, CSPs and IT consulting firms.
Additional insights from Joe Panettieri.