Cisco Partner Summit 2019 (November 5-7 in Las Vegas0, offered several important inflection points for Cisco CEO Chuck Robbins' push toward partner-led subscription services and recurring revenues. Moreover, the networking and security giant doubled down on MSPs that support small and midsize business (SMB) clientele.
Track this Cisco Partner Summit 2019 live blog for ChannelE2E's complete coverage of the conference.
Cisco Partner Summit 2019: Pre-Conference Analysis
1. Names to Know: It's safe to expect keynotes, updates and/or perspectives from:
- CEO Chuck Robbins
- Oliver Tuszik, SVP, global partner organization
- Gerri Elliot, EVP and chief sale and marketing officer
- Maria Martinez, EVP and chief customer experience officer
- David Goeckeler, EVP and GM, networking and security business
- Amy Chang, EVP and GM, collaboration
- Jim Walsh, SVP, growth marketing
- Vicki Batka, VP, APJC partner organization
- David Meads, VP, EMEAR partner organization
- John Moses, VP, Americas partner organization
2. Cybersecurity Partnership: Cisco and Perch Security, which provides threat detection & response services, unveil joint security solution just ahead of the conference to help MSPs and MSSPs combat cyberattacks. The relationship generated considerable chatter last week during ConnectWise IT Nation 2019 in Orlando, Florida.
3. Cisco SMB Cybersecurity Strategy: We'll be sharing deep details about the past, present and future of Cisco's SMB partner strategy -- particularly as it pertains to cybersecurity and MSPs.
4. Cisco IoT Partner Strategy: Clues are here.
5. Cisco and Microsoft Collaboration: Microsoft and Cisco announced a partnership that enables Cisco’s Webex video devices to connect to the Microsoft Teams meeting services in multiple ways, the two companies disclosed.
Cisco Partner Summit 2019: Tues November 5
6. Cisco CEO Keynote: Lots of product launches? Not really. Cisco CEO Chuck Robbins left the "speeds and feeds" pitches to his executive team. For his part, Robbins focused on macroeconomic challenges worldwide -- along with pressing social issues that businesses simply can't ignore.
Cisco Partner Summit 2019: Wed November 6
7. Cisco Small Business Partner Strategy: Details are here.
8. Cisco Managed Services Strategy: Details are here.
9. Cisco Managed Detection and Response Strategy: Details are here.
10. News Tips: Got a partner summit news tip to share? Email me the details: [email protected].