Here are five technology news updates, insights, chatter, and plenty more to start your day for Wednesday, October 24, 2018.
Actually, there are 11 timely updates designed for managed services providers (MSPs), cloud services providers (CSPs), IT consulting firms, systems integrators, VARs, independent software vendors (ISVs), telco master agents, and telco agents to sip on. Take a look:
11. Juniper Networks Earnings: Juniper Networks' preliminary Q3 2018 financial results beat Wall Street's expectations -- but those expectations weren't all that aggressive. Net revenues dropped 6 percent to $1.18 billion, though GAAP net income jumped 35 percent to $233.8 million. The results involved better than expected service provider results, which more than offset weakness in the cloud, according to CEO Rami Rahim.
10. Google Cloud Platform Connections: PCCW Global, a division of HKT, Hong Kong’s telecommunications service provider, now offers direct connections to Google Cloud Platform (GCP). PCCW Global’s Console Connect provides Google Cloud customers with fast, low-latency, and secure direct connectivity from the PCCW Global Tier 1 IP network, which spans more than 150 countries around the globe, the company says.
9. Distribution - Partner Support: Ingram Micro has transformed its Components Business Unit into a new group called Integrated Solutions, the distributor disclosed today. The Integrated Solutions team focuses exclusively on "accelerating the channel’s time to market with custom solutions and optimized individual components." The team offers system design, compatibility and regulatory engineering -- from proof of concept through testing, acceptance, packaging and delivery services, with an option for migration, deployment, and support services, Ingram says. Those services are available to partners in the U.S.
7. Software -- Apple Device Management: Jamf has unveiled two new apps to help manage Apple devices. They're called Jamf Setup and Jamf Reset. Jamf Setup can be used to provision a device for the exact needs of the current user. Jamf Reset enables a simplified and secure reset workflow, the company claims. We'll share more details soon.
6. Talent -- Apple Device Management: Addigy, a provider of cloud-based Apple device management software, has named Tom Moody to lead sales efforts for the company. Moody previously held key roles at Code24 and Jamf -- the leading Apple device management software company...
5. Application Performance Management (APM): SolarWinds has released a new Application Performance Monitor (APM) powered by AppOptics. The new solution is "designed to deliver deeper performance insights and distributed transaction tracing capabilities across applications hosted in or across on-premise, hybrid IT, and cloud environments," the company says. The offering competes against Cisco AppDynamics and New Relic, among other rivals.
4. Cisco Device Management: SolarWinds now manages more Cisco devices than Cisco itself, according to SolarWinds CEO Kevin Thompson.
3. Amazon Business American Express Card: It just launched, and it's designed for small business owners.
1. How to Reach $5 Million Annual Recurring Revenues: We’ll share the tips during our next ChannelE2E webcast. Register now.