Here are five technology news updates, insights, chatter, and plenty more to end your day for Wednesday, November 7, 2018.
Actually, there are 17 timely updates designed for managed services providers (MSPs), cloud services providers (CSPs), IT consulting firms, systems integrators, VARs, independent software vendors (ISVs), telco master agents, and telco agents to sip on. Take a look:
17. Dell Negotiations: Dell has reached out to some shareholders about the technology giant's plan to return to public markets. Some shareholders don't like Dell's proposed financial terms for buying back the DVMT tracking stock. It's unclear if Dell plans to sweeten the terms of the proposed deal.
16. Talent: Powernet has hired Chris Raponi as senior director of strategic channels.
15. NTT Data Center Buildouts: NTT Communications plans to launch NTT Global Data Centers Preparatory Corp. as the first step in creating a wholly owned subsidiary. That subsidiary will handle data center construction, asset management and wholesale services for NTT Group companies on a global basis. NTT Com will launch the preparatory company by the end of this December. Going forward, the envisioned data center “investment company” is expected to begin constructing data centers from April 2019, the company said.
14. New Relic Financial Results: New Relic's second quarter revenues were $114.9 million, a 36 percent increase from the corresponding quarter last year. The company continues to gain momentum for cloud, mobile, Web and application performance monitoring (APM).
13. Partner Program - SD-WAN Services: Silver Peak has enhanced its global Partner Edge program for SD-WAN services...
12. AlienVault and AT&T Partner Program: AT&T unveiled several partner program enhancements this week during a partner conference in Texas. Among the key moves: AlienVault Unified Security Management is now available to Alliance Channel and Partner Exchange program members in collaboration with AlienVault. AT&T acquired that company earlier this year. Partners can learn more at the AT&T Alliance Channel and AT&T Partner Exchange pages.
11. Distribution - ScanSource Financial Results: ScanSource's net sales rose 5 percent to $972.9 million in the distributor's Q1 of fiscal 2019.
Continue to page 2 of 2 for items 10 to 1.
Welcome to page 2 of 2 for items 10 to 1.
10. Cloud-to-Cloud Data Protection: Acronis has delivered Acronis Data Cloud 7.8, which introduces cloud-to-cloud Microsoft Office 365 protection, enhanced ransomware protection, and a blockchain-powered data notarization and e-signature solution for service providers, the company says.
9. Partnership - Data Center Connections: CenturyLink's Cloud Connect Dynamic Connections will be offered out of TierPoint data centers across the United States, the two companies have announced.
8. Partnership - DNS Security: Continuum's Security Profile & Protect service has gained deeper integrations with Webroot's SecureAnywhere DNS Protection capabilities. MSPs gain granular internet filtering capabilities that protect against malicious websites, provide real-time user access reports and give MSPs the power to set tamperproof web access policies. Continuum and Webroot have a longstanding security relationship.
7. Managed Application Services: Rackspace is doubling down on its managed application services and associated modernization services.
6. M&A - ServiceNow Partners: DXC Technology has acquired two ServiceNow partners, continuing a worldwide trend and ServiceNow talent grab.
5. M&A - IT Services: CVC Fund VII is acquiring MSP and IT consulting firm ConvergeOne for $1.8 billion. ConvergeOne will maintain its corporate headquarters in Eagan, MN and continue to be led by its current executive team. Rumors about the deal surfaced a few days ago. The buyout news comes only a few quarters after ConvergeOne entered public markets.
4. M&A - IT Services: Integritek has acquired QSource Networks, an Atlanta-based Infrastructure Management Organization. The acquisition expands Integritek’s footprint in the greater Atlanta area, where the company has already been experiencing strong growth, parent Evergreen Services Group asserts. Evergreen has been investing in MSPs nationwide.
3. ConnectWise IT Nation 2018 News: Our news coverage of ConnectWise IT Nation Connect 2018 is under way. Track all the developments here. Plus, check out an emerging Cybersecurity Framework for partners here.
2. Top 100 Vertical Market MSPs 2019: Complete the survey and potentially have your MSP honored for its vertical-market momentum.
1. How to Reach $5 Million Annual Recurring Revenues: We’ll share the tips during our next ChannelE2E webcast. Register now.