Here are five technology news updates, insights, chatter, and plenty more to start your day for Tuessday, November 6, 2018.
Actually, there are 16 timely updates designed for managed services providers (MSPs), cloud services providers (CSPs), IT consulting firms, systems integrators, VARs, independent software vendors (ISVs), telco master agents, and telco agents to sip on. Take a look:
16. Dell Boomi Partner Program: A new Dell Boomi Technology Partner Program for cloud integration and workflow automation surfaced this.
15. Financials: RingCentral's revenues were $174 million in Q3 2018, up 33 percent from the corresponding quarter last year. Among the company's key moves in recent weeks: AT&T has agreed to resell RingCentral's cloud-based communications services to more businesses.
14. Distribution - Cloud Cost Management Tools: Tech Data's StreamOne cloud platform now supports CloudCheckr's analytics and management packages for Microsoft Azure and Amazon Web Services.
13. Public Cloud Expansion: The OVHcloud Public Cloud Service is now available for U.S. customers. That cloud service is built on OpenStack.
12. M&A - Container Expertise: VMware has acquired Heptio to accelerate enterprise adoption of Kubernetes across on-premises and multi-cloud environments.
11. VMware Cloud for AWS Expansion: VMware Cloud on AWS will expand into such regions as AWS EU (Ireland), AWS West (N. California) and AWS East (Ohio) in Q4 2018, the companies say.
10. Partnership - IBM and VMware: IBM has launched new services to help migrate and extend mission-critical VMware workloads to the IBM Cloud, and new integrations to help enterprises to modernize applications with Kubernetes and containers, the companies say. The moves come one week after IBM acquired Red Hat -- which competes with VMware on multiple fronts.
9. Talent - Cloud Services: Datacenter People, a worldwide recruitment firm in the datacenter industry, has launched a specialization to help businesses recruit cloud services talent.
8. Talent - Cloud Monitoring: Datadog has hired David Obstler as CFO. The cloud monitoring company has been in growth mode, though the company's channel chief recently jumped to PTC...
7. Talent - Parting Ways: Datto and Len DiCostanzo have parted ways, the longtime Autotask veteran confirmed to ChannelE2E. We'll share more thoughts from DiCostanzo -- including potential next moves -- sometime today.
5. M&A - ServiceNow Partners: DXC Technology has acquired two ServiceNow partners -- TESM and BusinessNow. We'll share more details soon.
4. M&A - SAP Partner: Accenture has acquired Intrigo Systems, a U.S.-based SAP partner.
3. ConnectWise IT Nation 2018 News: Our news coverage of ConnectWise IT Nation Connect 2018 is under way. Track all the developments here. Plus, check out an emerging Cybersecurity Framework for partners here.
2. Top 100 Vertical Market MSPs 2019: Complete the survey and potentially have your MSP honored for its vertical-market momentum.
1. How to Reach $5 Million Annual Recurring Revenues: We’ll share the tips during our next ChannelE2E webcast. Register now.