5 Channel Partner Updates: Thursday 26 July 2018
Good morning, channel partners. Here are five technology news updates, insights, chatter, and plenty more to start your day for Thursday, July 26, 2018.
Actually, there are 15 timely updates designed for VARs, managed services providers (MSPs), cloud services providers (CSPs), independent software vendors (ISVs), telco master agents and telco agents to sip on. Take a look:
15. Partner Program: Blue Jeans Network, which develops a cloud service that connects desktops, mobile devices and room systems in one video meeting, has expanded its partner program with tiered offerings.
14. Partner Program: ProtectWise, which specializes in cloud-delivered Network Detection and Response (NDR), has joined CrowdStrike’s Elevate Partner Program and global network of strategic partnership.
13. Router Components Shortage: Nokia’s second-quarter sales of IP routers were held back by component supply shortages, the company claims. Hmmm… I’m curious to see if Cisco, Juniper and other networking companies express similar concerns. We’re checking…
11. Momentum – AMD: Amid strong demand for the Epyc server processors, Advanced Micro Devices delivered Q2 revenue and profits that beat Wall Street’s expectations.
10. Momentum – ServiceNow: ServiceNow’s revenue hit $585.3 million in Q3 2018, up 45 percent from Q2 2017. We’ll share more thoughts soon…
9. Momentum – SD-WANs: Windstream Enterprise has sold its SD-WAN products to more than 1,000 mid-sized and enterprise customers, the company says. It’s an important milestone for Windstream, which suffered layoffs and other market turbulence last year.
8. Momentum – Barracuda Networks: Barracuda Essentials, the company’s all-in-one email security, backup and archiving service, grew bookings 232 percent through its MSP Business in Q1 2018 vs. Q1 2017. Moreover, Q1 email security product bookings grew 36 percent year-over-year and is over a $100 million annual run rate, the company said in a statement. The milestones provide clues about Barracuda’s performance since leaving public markets and shifting to Thoma Bravo’s private equity ownership in February 2018.
7. IoT Managed Services: You can find an IoT managed services market research report summary here…
6. Top SMB IT Concerns: Security is the number concern for SMB IT operations, according to a new Kaseya research report…
5. Application Performance Monitoring: Datadog APM has officially released support for monitoring Node.js applications, which joins existing support for Java, Ruby, Python and Go.
4. RMM & Patch Management: Avast has upgraded Avast Business Managed Workplace to simplify patching and improve visibility of patch status and management, the company says. Managed Workplace is an RMM (remote monitoring and management) platform for MSPs.
3. Free Network Monitoring: Ipswitch has released a free edition of its network monitoring software with a limited five-point license. The offering, called WhatsUp Gold Starter edition, delivers network discovery, monitoring, alerting, troubleshooting and configuration management for up to five core resources, the company says.
2. Google Cloud Next 2018: Our conference coverage continues here.
1. Amazon Earnings & AWS Revenues: Quarterly results surface later today…