Here are technology news updates, insights, chatter, and plenty more to start your day for Thursday, May 23, 2019.
A. Our Daily Brew
- What We Serve: Content for managed services providers (MSPs), cloud services providers (CSPs), IT consulting firms, systems integrators, VARs, independent software vendors (ISVs), and any other partner acronym that further caffeinates our already stellar SEO.
- Frequency: Every business morning.
- Reaching the Barista: Send news, tips and rumors to [email protected].
B. Freshly Brewed News
1. Join Us Today – How to Make Money From Managed Security Services: We’ll cover that and more during our ChannelE2E webcast this Thursday. Register now to join us.
2. Managed SAP Services: Royal Cup Coffee has migrated its SAP environment to Symmetry's SAP HANA cloud. The coffee company also is leveraging Symmetry's SAP Basis Support and Managed Services as an extension of its internal IT team to help manage and optimize the environment.
3. Workflow Automation: Infosys and Camunda are partnering to offer clients an integrated platform for software developers and business stakeholders, covering all phases of workflow automation, the companies say.
4. Talent - Data Protection: Commvault has hired IBM veteran Grace Ho as its new Area VP for Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN) and chief of staff (APAC), based in Singapore. This is the latest move in new CEO Sanjay Mirchandani's rapid overhaul of the data protection company -- which is striving to transform for modern hybrid cloud environments.
5. Talent - AI Software: Jane.ai has named Josh Katz head of strategic partnerships. Jane.ai is an artificial intelligence platform that empowers employees to access the information they need in moments instead of hours, the company claims.
6. Talent - IT Solutions Provider: Zones, a $2.3 billion global IT solutions provider, has named Jai Venkat as senior VP and chief services officer.
7. Research - College Kids Want Macs: Fully 71% of college students either use or would like to use Mac if upfront cost were not a consideration, according to a survey from Jamf.
C. Partner Program Updates
1, Salesforce: The company's AppExchange marketplace now features new "insights" to help customers and partners find one another more easily. Customers can more rapidly identify the consulting experts and business solutions best suited for their needs, and partners gain customer engagement analytics to more effectively build and market their solutions, Salesforce says.
2. Kentico CMS: Sparkhound, an MSP focused on custom cloud applications and analytics, has achieved Gold Partner status within Kentico’s solution provider ranks. The privileged status was achieved by completing 3 or more websites using Kentico Content Management System.
D. Next Five Technology Conferences
Got news to share for our morning update? Email me: [email protected].