Here are five technology news updates, insights, chatter, and plenty more to start your day for Thursday, March 21, 2019.
Actually, there are 15 timely updates designed for managed services providers (MSPs), cloud services providers (CSPs), IT consulting firms, systems integrators, VARs, independent software vendors (ISVs), and telco agents to sip on.
15. Research - Data Protection: Roughly 76 percent of organizations experienced a data disruption in the last 12 months, and 27 percent experienced irreparable data loss, nearly double the 14 percent in 2016, according to the third Global Data Protection Index from Dell EMC...
12. Cloud Spending Management: Zoho's Site24x7, a cloud-based performance monitoring solution for DevOps and IT operations, is now general availability. Site24x7 provides cost analytics capabilities for public cloud platforms.
11. VMWare Cloud on AWS: The relationship apparently is gaining momentum...
10. AWS Compliance Monitoring: The Dash Compliance Automation Platform allows healthcare security teams to scan Amazon Web Services (AWS) and receive alerts about compliance issues before they can turn into breaches, Dash claims.
9. Branding - AWS MSP: Mission, a Top 100 Public Cloud MSP focused on AWS, has earned major recognition for its branding from the American Advertising Federation's Silicon Valley arm. Consulting firm Solid Branding assisted with the brand development.
8. Database Monitoring: SentryOne, which develops SQL Server monitoring tools and services, has opened a new corporate headquarters in Charlotte, North Carolina.
7. Service Management vs. Digital Transformation: What's the bigger enterprise priority? Here's the answer.
6. MSP Software Integrations - Part One: Datto has unveiled a developer program to help technology vendors more easily integrate third-party applications with Datto's solutions. Chief Product Officer Emily Glass announced the program. On a somewhat related note, Datto has been searching for a new CTO (chief technology officer) to drive the company's R&D efforts. Current CTO Robert Gibbons last year announced plans to step down once a successor is found.
5. MSP Software Integrations Part Two: Liongard, which develops IT management software for MSPs, has unveiled an integration with Datto Autotask PSA. With Roar, system configurations are assessed continuously. MSPs gain insights on users, expiration dates, misconfigurations and more, Liongard says.
4. MSP Software Integrations - Part Three: Pulseway's RMM (remote monitoring and management) software platform now integrates with ConnectWise Manage, the business management and PSA (professional services automation) software platform. Related - Ownership Rumor?: Recent rumors suggest Kaseya or Kaseya's private equity parent has an ownership stake in Pulseway. But so far the rumors have not been confirmed...
3. Venture Capital Bubble?: The latest warning comes from Barron's...
2. M&A - IT Consulting Divorce: Panasonic is reversing course. After acquiring Pro Media Audio and Video in 2016, Panasonic has now sold that business back to its founders. We're poking around for more details.
1. Top 100 Vertical Market MSPs: We’ll unveil the 2019 list during our next webcast. Register now to join us live or to listen on-demand.