Here are five technology news updates, insights, chatter, and plenty more to start your day for Thursday, December 06, 2018.
Actually, there are 17 timely updates designed for managed services providers (MSPs), cloud services providers (CSPs), IT consulting firms, systems integrators, VARs, independent software vendors (ISVs), telco master agents, and telco agents to sip on. Take a look:
17. U.S. vs. China - Executive Arrested: The daughter of Huawei’s founder, a top executive at the Chinese technology giant, was arrested -- triggering fresh concerns about U.S.-China trade negotiations.
16. Broadcom & CA Technologies Financial Results: Broadcom is expected to announce quarterly financial results today. We'll be listening closely for potential updates involving the recent Broadcom acquisition of CA Technologies. Broadcom cut 2,000 U.S, employees from CA in November, and we're curious to know how the organization's MSP-focused software unit will be managed going forward.
15. Partner Program - SAP: The technology giant is hosting an SME (small and midsize enterprise) media gathering today in Manhattan. We may share more details soon...
14. Partner Program - Cloud Data Warehouses: Datometry Inc., which specializes in data warehouse virtualization, has launched the Elevate Partner Program.
13. Partner Program - Telecom: Convey Services has unveiled the 2019 Sales Partner Outreach Program to help Telecom/Cloud suppliers team with master agents.
12. Partner - VMware: AHEAD, a provider of IT consulting and enterprise cloud solutions, has achieved three VMware Master Services Competencies in Cloud Management and Automation, Data Center Virtualization and Network Virtualization. Only six companies in the United States have attain three or more VMware Master Services Competencies. The other five? Alas, we don't have the names at our finger tips...
11. Talent - Executive Dismissed: Lam Research CEO Martin Anstice has resigned after allegations of misconduct in the workplace, the company said while naming COOTim Archer as its new leader, The Wall Street Journal notes. Lam Research did not offer specifics about the misconduct, but said Anstice will not receive any severance.
9. Funding - Serverless APM: LightStep, a provider of application performance management (APM) for organizations adopting microservices and serverless, has raised $41 million in Series C funding
8. Distribution - Growth: D&H experienced 21 percent growth overall, plus gains in such areas in cloud solutions (108 percent), UC and collaboration (55 percent), and digital signage (112 percent) during its latest Fiscal Year, the distributor says.
7. Distribution - Storage: Global Computing Components (GCC), a specialized solution business of Tech Data, has signed a distribution agreement for the U.S. and Canada with Seagate Enterprise Data Solutions (EDS).
6. Help Desk AI: Forethought has raised $9 million in Series A funding. The company's Agatha platform blends artificial intelligence with traditional help desk technologies to ease tasks for service professionals. The system supports such platforms as Salesforce and Zendesk.
5. Talent - MSP: NexusTek, a private equity-backed MSP, has named DXC veteran Michael Hamuka as Chief Revenue Officer (CRO).
4. MSP Mentoring: Axcient, the business availability platform provider, has built a partner success team. Focused solely on the quality of the MSP partner experience, the 11-member team is dedicated to ensuring its MSP partners receive the highest level of service. The team provides onsite visits, periodic business reviews, regular check-ins and a single point of contact for partners.
3. M&A - Managed Print Services: ECi Software Solutions has acquired Print Audit, a provider of device and print management solutions. Print Audit’s product suite includes tools for managed print services (MPS), device data collection and document management for both dealers and users, the company says. Moreover, Print Audit's remote monitoring and management services (RMM) provide a seat-based billing (SBB) model for managed print.
2. M&A - MSPs: NuMSP has acquired Ultimate Technical Solution Inc. (UTSI), an MSP in New Orleans. This is NuMSP's sixth acquisition. We'll provide more details soon.
1. M&A - MSPs: Ntiva has acquired the commercial MSP and hosting business of Lore Systems Inc., a technology services firm specializing in high level strategic IT consulting. We'll share more details soon.