Good morning, channel partners. Here are five technology news updates, insights, chatter, and plenty more to start your day for Monday, August 27, 2018.
Actually, there are 12 timely updates designed for VARs, managed services providers (MSPs), cloud services providers (CSPs), independent software vendors (ISVs), telco master agents and telco agents to sip on. Take a look:
12. Partner Program: AVOXI, a provider of Communications as a Service (CaaS) worldwide, has launched a New Global Partner Program.
11. Hawaii Telecom and Tropical Storm Lane: Hawaii Telecom expects to offer "business as usual" operations by today (Monday, August 27). The company's network operations center (NOC) has maintained 24x7 monitoring of network and infrastructure -- both of which have held up well, the telecom provider says.
9. Cloud Services Adoption: EMEA (Europe, Middle East, Africa) cloud adoption continues to outpace the rest of the world, a Bitglass study asserts. Roughly five in six EMEA companies -- 84 percent of organizations -- have deployed at least one cloud application. Roughly 65 percent of EMEA businesses now leverage Office 365, compared to 19 percent for Google G Suite, Bitglass asserts. And only 47 percent of organizations have a single sign on (SSO) tool in place.
8. Penn State Embraces Office 365: Penn State's IT department transitioned all students to Microsoft Office 365 this summer. The university previously leveraged roughly 20 different email platforms.
7. Office 365 Managed Services: Timlin Enterprises, an IT services provider focused purely on Office 365 and SharePoint, has launched the Office 365 Center of Excellence Managed Services.
6. IT CEO Success Summit: Five familiar names in IT coaching -- James Kernan, Karl Palachuk, Manuel Palachuk, Dave Seibert and Erick Simpson -- will host the IT CEO Success Summit in Baltimore on December 7. The gathering will have three tracks -- CEO, Service Delivery, and Sales & Marketing -- designed to help companies maximize their success in 2019.
5. M&A - MSPs: F12.net has acquired Apps on Tap Inc. and Paradigm Network Solutions Inc., two IT service providers located in North York, Ontario. The deals give F12.net an expanded managed IT services presence in Toronto. As part of the deal negotiation process, Tequity Inc. served as the financial advisor to Apps on Tap and Paradigm.
3. IPO or Exit?: Platinum Equity is exploring a potential sale or IPO of Vertiv, a provider of backup power and fail-safe systems for data centers, Reuters reports. The potential valuation: $6 billion.
2. AWS Consulting: AHEAD, a major IT consulting provider and enterprise MSP, will host an AWS Innovation Day in Milwaukee on Sept. 12. The workshop will provide education on AWS basics and focus on the most popular features for managing workloads on the platform, AHEAD indicates.
1. Top 50 MSPs for AWS/Top 50 MSPs for Azure: Participate in the survey here and potentially earn honors for your MSPs. Plus: Get the honoree lists and see the research by attending our next ChannelE2E webcast. Register now.