How’s your vacation planning coming along?
Checklists are one of the simplest, but most powerful planning tools around. Even major project management tools like SOPs and GANTT charts are just fancy checklists, when you get right down to it. Everybody uses checklists to get things done.
- Fighter jet pilots use checklists to make sure all systems are go.
- Major construction projects? So many checklists. Miss a step, even a little one, and something will go wrong later on down the line.
- Surgical teams use checklists to make sure they take all the tools out of the patient before they sew them back up.
So why should you care? Because you like getting things done, too. The more quickly and accurately you can get things done, the higher your margins will be, the lower your stress levels, the higher the customer service scores, and the lower your customer churn.
IT Glue has now added Checklists to its platform. We did this to help you organize your work. Easier and more nimble than writing our SOPs, checklists allow your team to always perform routine tasks the same way, never skipping a step, and always accountable. Just off the top of your head, you’re probably thinking about a few:
- Setting up a workstation
- Setting up a new user
- Onboarding a new tech
- Onboarding a new customer
- Decommissioning a user
- Offboarding a former customer
- Conducting a QBR
You’ve probably got a lot more than that.
The more you use checklists, the more time you’ll save by making sure each task is done, in the right order, every single time.
To learn more about using Checklists in IT Glue, why not sign up for a demo of our documentation platform.