Dell EMC Channel Chief John Byrne discusses the company's newly combined partner program -- which will launch Feb. 1, 2017. All the key points are right here in this video, captured at Dell EMC Global Partner Summit 2016, held in coordination with the larger Dell EMC World conference.
Among the key takeaways:
- 0:00: Dell wants the new Dell EMC global partner program be simple, predictable and profitable for channel partners.
- 1:30: Byrne is looking partners who want to sell Dell EMC's entire portfolio -- and more.
- 2:10: Unveiling the new Dell EMC Partner Program
- 2:30: About the program tiers: Gold, Platinum, Titanium (and look for Titanium Black as well).
- 3:50: Different tracks for solutions providers, systems integrators, MSPs, CSPs and more.
- 4:28: What it means to be simple: Paying on revenue and other factors. Also, one partner portal with one sign in and one deal registration on Feb. 1.
- 5:25: Working to automate rebates. But will that feature arrive on Feb. 1?
- 6:17: Simplifying MDF (market development funds).
- 6:41: Predictability in a partner program. What does it mean?
- 7:20: Timing -- when partners and distributors will know their tiers.
- 7:48: Investment protection.
- 8:20: Deal registration updates.
- 8:47: Zero tolerance for deal registration violations.
- 9:41: Profitability, money and the proper incentives for partners.
ChannelE2E is sitting down with Byrne later this week. Among our questions: How will the partner program address recurring revenue opportunities vs. traditional hardware sales. Stay tuned for more.
Track all the Dell EMC World 2016 developments here.