IT Nation 2015: 10 Wednesday Highlights (And More)
10. Beyond Desktop as a Service: IndependenceIT has launched Cloud Workspace Suite 4.2. The platform allows IT departments, service providers and ISVs to “easily deliver workspaces, applications and desktops as a service.” The platform works with Microsoft Azure, Google Compute Engine, Artisan Infrastructure and other cloud platforms. Check in with CEO Seth Bostock at the conference for more info.
9. Speaking of Artisan Infrastructure: They’ve hired an MSP Channel Chief. His name is… (stay tuned…)
8. Sophos Reflexion: Sophos VP Scott Barlow gifted me a pair of socks. It was a moving moment between two entrepreneurs who have survived M&A deals. Barlow seems pretty darn upbeat about migrating lots of Intel SaaS security customers over to the Sophos Reflexion platform. But that’s all I can say about that.
7. Going International: Forget about IT Nation. How about IT World? With that thought in mind, Egenera has expanded its Xterity Cloud service to Asia-Pacific and the launch of the new Tokyo cloud will deliver IaaS, BaaS, DRaaS to resellers.
6. File Sync and Sharing: It’s everywhere at the conference. Of course, eFolder VP Ted Hulsy continues to evangelize his company’s offerings (while also educating MSPs about better business management practices). Also on hand is Gladinet CentreStack — a self-hosted file sharing and synchronization platform. I plan to give it a look during a booth visit.
5. Something Bigger: I ran into CharTec CEO Alex Rogers last night. Sure, we spoke about his continued MSP education initiatives. Then I asked about his company’s new Relyenz division — which focuses on value-added distribution for security services. Rogers smiled. Stay tuned for more chatter about that at the conference — and some major milestones, I suspect, in early 2016.
4. On Display: ProfitBricks, which offers cloud infrastructure t channel partners, will launch a ConnectWise integration beta program at the show this week. We’re checking to see how the strategy differs from other channel-centric cloud providers like Artisan Infrastructure and the big public cloud providers.
3. More to Come: Check this blog every hour or so for continued IT Nation 2015 updates throughout Wednesday, November 11. New blogs will also debut daily through Friday, Nov. 13.
2. Where Are Items….
1. Two Through One?: We’re still looking for them. Send news tips, gossip and spam (uncanned) to Joe@AfterNines.com. For urgent items text my cell phone. Six 3 One – Four Six Three – Eight 6 Zero Zero.
More: All IT Nation 2015 and future conference coverage: http://www.channelE2E.com/category/events.