9. Cloud Monitoring, Alert Reduction:Datadog has added “Composite Alerts” to its cloud monitoring platform, enabling DevOps teams and MSPs to dramatically reduce time spent managing insignificant alerts. The composite function allows customers to create customizable combinations of symptoms that often cause major outages, separating signal from noise and accurately identifying major issues within infrastructure and applications, Datadog claims. Datadog recently expanded from infrastructure monitoring to application performance monitoring (APM), setting the stage for competition with AppDynamics (owned by Cisco), Dynatrace and New Relic.
8. SolarWinds Hybrid IT Management: SolarWinds has bolstered its Orion platform and related products for end-to-end hybrid IT management. The portfolio “enables complete cloud visibility along with deep on-premises monitoring and a new, dynamic drag-and-drop dashboard to visualize infrastructure and application relationships.” These new features help IT professionals monitor, troubleshoot, and improve hybrid IT performance, SolarWinds asserts. We’re checking to see if or how the capabilities will surface in the SolarWinds MSP product portfolio…
7. Talent – MSP Software: Atera has hired Sharon Peer as VP of customer success, reporting directly to CEO Gil Pekelman. Peer previously held customer-centric positions at SysAid Technologies and Teva Pharmaceutical Industries. Atera develops a cloud-based MSP platform that blends PSA (professional services automation), RMM (remote monitoring and management) and remote control capabilities.
6. Managed Services Wins:RFD & Associates Inc., an IT technical solutions company, has won managed services deals with state agencies within Oklahoma and Texas. Under terms of the deals, RFD will strive to increase the performance, security and manageability of each agency’s most mission-critical enterprise applications.
5. MSP Sales Conference:Marketopia is set to host its annual 4u2grow conference in October. The conference is designed to help MSPs, VARs, CSPs and vendors grow their sales, according to CEO Terry Hedden. Check the ChannelE2E Technology Event Calendar to track all channel-related conferences and summits throughout 2017 and beyond.
4. MSP Monetizes AWS Management: SingleHop has launched an AWS managed services offering — dubbed Service First Support for Amazon Web Services. The fully managed solution offers architecture, management and optimization of environments in the AWS cloud based on the availability, performance and security needs of individual applications, SinglezHop asserts.
3. MSP Becomes AWS Partner:TriCore Solutions has achieved status as a Standard AWS Partner Network (APN) Consulting Partner and AWS Channel Reseller Program Partner. As part of the APN, TriCore will have access to additional resources for technical, business, and sales enablement to help its customers design, architect, build, migrate, and manage their workloads and applications on AWS.
1. Join Us Today: Our next ChannelE2E Webcast is 2:00 p.m. ET/11:00 a.m. PT today (Thursday). The Topic: Three MSP Moneymakers — featuring guidance from AppRiver, Continuum and Webroot. Register now and join us today or grab the webcast recording on-demand this evening and thereafter.