Evolve IP, a cloud services provider, has made its seventh acquisition since 2007. The latest deal involves A.P.T. Consulting, a managed IT service provider focused on the veterinary medicine and pharmaceuticals verticals.
Evolve IP (Wayne, Pa.) is a master cloud services provider (CSP) of sorts. On the one hand, it's a fast-growing IT service provider that works directly with customers. On the other, the company has a multi-layer partner program. The company's cloud services stretch from applications and infrastructure to security.
A.P.T., meanwhile, is a 10-person business that resembles a traditional network and IT solutions provider -- until you take a closer look at the business. A.P.T. has built a branded Vetanium service that provides IT hosting and management for veterinary hospitals. Similarly, A.P.T.'s WebtrialZ brand provides IT services to the pharmaceutical industry.
EvolveIP apparently has big growth plans in place for 2016. The 185-person company gains another 10 team members through the A.P.T. buyout. And over the next 12 months, EvolveIP plans to add another 80 people or so, according to Philly.com.
M&A: VAR, MSP, CSP Acquisitions
As we've said multiple times in recent weeks, M&A (merger and acquisition) activity has been fast and furious across the VAR, MSP and CSP landscapes.
In addition to the EvolveIP-A.P.T. deal, recent business combinations have included:
- Office Equipment meets an MSP: Business Complete Solutions acquired StarPoint Advantage
- Cloud data centers: Immedion acquired Appica
- Oracle managed services: Emtec acquired Summit Technology
- New England IT services: Internet & Telephone acquired Jenaly
- Hybrid cloud: Presidio acquired Sequoia Worldwide
- Multiple Microsoft Dynamics VARs and IT consulting firms have been acquired in 2015.
- Private equity firms have been buying up IT service providers and VARs.
- And emerging cloud service providers have acquired MSPs for regional and technical reach.
ChannelE2E has reached out to Evolve IP and APT for additional comment about their M&A deal. We will update this article if/when new information surfaces.