Good morning, channel partners. Here are five technology news updates, insights, chatter, and plenty more to start your day for Tuesday, January 26, 2016.
Actually, there are eight items for VARs, managed services providers (MSPs), cloud services providers (CSPs) and independent software vendors (ISVs) to sip on.
8. Cloud Monitoring: Cedexis, which develops a cloud monitoring and network traffic optimization platform, just raised $33 million in Series B funding led by Ginko ventures. Keep an eye on Radar, the company's crowdsourced real-time cloud and network performance monitoring tool...
7. VMWare and EMC: Watch for VMware to announce quarterly earnings later today (Jan. 26), with EMC earnings to surface tomorrow (Jan. 27). Wall street is worried about soft performance at VMware and EMC amid Dell's pending $67 billion buyout of the companies. VMware is expected to confirm layoffs as part of today's news. Michael Dell, meanwhile, is doing his best to assure partners that the resulting business combinations will deliver new opportunities without alienating key strategic alliances like VCE's relationship with Cisco Systems.
6. Mac OS Management for MSPs: Apple also will announce earnings today (Jan. 26). There's major concern that the company's iPhone sales slowed dramatically in Q4. Still, there's plenty of opportunity for MSPs and VARs to manage Apple infrastructure. In fact, Mac management might be a big story later today. Keep your eyes on ChannelE2E to potentially learn why.
5. Oracle Cloud Partner Program: Oracle in October 2015 hinted that major updates to its cloud partner program will arrive in February 2016. We suspect those changes will arrive on schedule... And we'll share the details the moment they emerge.
4. Grand Opening: Another milestone is emerging over at Datto, the business continuity specialist that works exclusively through MSPs and the channel. We're poking around for details. And party favors.
2. Spotlight on Vertical Market MSPs: If you run an MSP focused on a vertical market (healthcare, retail, government, financial services, etc.) then it's time to brag about your success. Complete the ChannelE2E Top Vertical Market MSPs survey and your company could be honored among the leaders in Q2 2016.
1. MSP Software: Several major moves will emerge today. Here's the start of it.