Vox Mobile Launches Apple Device as a Service, Managed Services
Apple devices have been carving a niche for themselves among business users. In fact, a JAMF software survey found that 3 out of 4 employees would select an Apple device to use for work if they were given that choice. As more software platforms move to the cloud, compatibility with business tools is no longer a hindrance to the adoption of Mac and iOS devices. With this freedom for employees and business owners, a new difficulty emerges for MSPs attempting to offer cross-platform device support.
Still, more Apple-centric remote monitoring and management (RMM) solutions are entering the market. Fleetsmith recently launch a new fleet management platform that supports MacOS devices, and Addigy has been doubling down on RMM capabilities specifically for Apple devices with apparent success.
Next up, Vox Mobile has launched a DaaS + MMS platform for Apple. The new Device-as-a-Service (DaaS) offering for iPhone, iPad and Mac is integrated with Vox’s Managed Mobility Services (MMS). This program offers companies their choice of products and platforms for business and end-to-end lifecycle management services for one monthly price – lowering total cost of ownership, streamlining support, and enhancing employee productivity, the company claims.
Apple Devices as a Service
Apple has still yet to offer Macs as a hardware service, but other vendors like HP are jumping on the opportunity to fill that void. Plus, channel-friendly firms like Great America Financial Services are promoting Hardware as a Rental.
The newly announced Vox Mobile service is capitalizing on similar opportunities. Vox DaaS + MMS for Apple provides a predictable monthly price, starting as low as $15 per-device, that allows companies the ability to finance or lease Apple products as part of a complete managed solution. The program can be customized to include fixed-fee consulting and assessment services, device procurement, repair and replacement, provisioning and deployment, device management licensing and administration, cellular activation and usage optimization, and help desk support, the company claims.
The Vox DaaS + MMS for Apple program includes:
- Vox consulting and Apple Professional Services assessments to design an Enterprise Blueprint for iOS and Mac
- iPhone, iPad and Mac procurement and financing, provisioning and zero-touch deployment at scale with flexible upgrade and refresh programs
- Device management set-up, policy configuration and administration; automated device enrollment and over the air configuration of settings and apps with Apple Device Enrollment Program
- Global 24/7 on-demand help-desk including enhanced support options available from AppleCare; Apple Authorized Service Provider repair services with next day device replacements
- iPhone and iPad cellular activation, usage optimization and ongoing cost control
- Predictable per-device, per-month bundled pricing
Shifting From CapEx to OpEx
In the past, businesses would have to plan and prepare for massive hardware purchases for their employees. When the systems age, another massive expense must be planned to cover the replacement and disposal of the devices.
Between DaaS solutions and BYOD policies, many businesses are likely saving a lot of time, expense and planning by turning over the management and maintenance of work devices to the manufacturer or a third party MSP.