Here are five (actually more) technology news updates, insights, chatter, and plenty more to start your day for Monday, June 29, 2020. Sip up.
Our Daily Brew
- Who We Serve: Content for managed services providers (MSPs), IT service providers (ITSPs), cloud services providers (CSPs), IT consulting firms, systems integrators, VARs, independent software vendors (ISVs), and any other partner acronym that further caffeinates our already stellar SEO.
- Frequency: Every business morning.
- Reaching the Barista: Send news, tips and rumors to [email protected].
A. What’s Happening Today
2. Technology Mergers and Acquisitions 2020: Here's the complete deal list so far...
3. Windows 10 File Recovery: Microsoft is promoting an app called Windows File Recovery to help users overcome corrupted data and accidental file deletions.
4. Telecom Service Providers - Service Management: ETI Software Solutions has built a service management platform for Microsoft Dynamics 365. The platform is designed for telecom service providers that are seeking to improve their service management capabilities.
5. Lawsuit - Technology Conference Cancellations: Gartner has filed suit against U.S Specialty Insurance Co. in New York federal court, seeking up to $340 million in coverage from canceled events because of COVID-19, alleging the insurer breached its policy terms by avoiding paying for its loss, Law360 reports.
6. Funding - Collaboration Platform: Thoughtexchange, a crowd conversation tool has raised a further $10 million. The company has seen usage of its platform jump by over 600% since March 2020 as users seek to scale virtual conversations with their teams and communities. Information Venture Partners (Toronto) led the current investment, with participation from Yaletown Partners (Vancouver) and Voyager Capital (Seattle).